Anything marked with an asterisk (*) is not available until Version 2.51, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in early June. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
Revel supports Punchh loyalty for creating users, adding points, and redeeming rewards. Merchants can also control when the Punchh Loyalty Rewards prompt displays on the Revel Point of Sale.
- Punchh Setup
- Configuring Punchh Loyalty Rewards on the Point of Sale
- Using Punchh on the Point of Sale
You can enable Punchh Loyalty on the Settings > Gift, Rewards and Admin Cards page, as highlighted in the image below. To access the setting, either select the Gift, Rewards and Admin Cards checkbox and scroll down to the Punchh Loyalty setting, or enter Punchh in the search bar.
The following table describes the settings in this section:
|Location Key||This is a unique API key provided by Punchh. The key reflects the type of rewards accrual configured in the merchant account.|
|Visits reward description||This is a custom label for visit-based rewards.|
|Visit/card based||This enables Punchh visit-based rewards.|
|Banked dollar rewards||This enables Punchh banked rewards.|
Punchh Loyalty users need to make specific credit card receipt option configurations in order to avoid errors on the Point of Sale. On the Settings page, click the checkbox to display the Receipt settings. In the Credit card receipt options field, select the Credit Card slips + 1 itemized receipt option from the drop down menu. Also, make sure to leave the Barcode option unselected in the Receipt Options field. Barcodes come from Punchh automatically, so if they are selected in that setting it will result in an error on the Point of Sale.
Configuring Punchh Loyalty Rewards on the Point of Sale *
You can configure when the Punchh loyalty rewards prompt will display on the Point of Sale.
- From the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections. In the settings search bar, enter Reward Prompt Method.
- Select when you want the loyalty rewards prompt to display:
- By User Selection: The reward prompt appears only when the employee taps "Add Points" or "Redeem Rewards".
- By Prompt after Payment: Automatically after completion of a order's payment. This is the default value.
- By Prompt on Tapping Pay: Automatically after tapping Pay, but before selecting a payment method.
- By Prompt on New Order: Automatically upon creating a new order.
- Click Save.
Using Punchh on the Point of Sale
Creating Users / Viewing Account Balances
To access Punchh user account information of the Point of Sale, tap the Punchh Loyalty Users option from the Dashboard:
To create a new user:
- In the Actions window, select the Create Punchh User option and tap OK:
- In the Create Punchh User window, enter the new user information and tap OK. The user must have an email or phone number entered for the Point of Sale to be able look them up later:
- (Optional) if the user has a QR code or Card, tap the QR Code / Card button to prompt the Point of Sale to scan the code, swipe the card, or manually enter the number.
- Once the information is entered, the Point of Sale displays the Punchh User Information window for the new user.
To view existing user information:
- In the Actions window, tap the Manage Punchh User option.
- In the Enter Punchh User Information window enter either a phone number or email address of the Punchh user:
- Once the information is entered, the Point of Sale displays the Punchh User Information window for the user.
To enter the customer's loyalty information, do the following:
- Create a new order in the Point of Sale.
- Depending on the settings configured in the Management Console, the prompt to enter a Punchh loyalty code will appear in different places. Navigate to this place.
- If By Prompt on New Order is selected, the prompt appears immediately after creating a new order.
- If By Prompt on Tapping Pay is selected, the prompt appears immediately after tapping Pay.
- If By Prompt after Payment is selected, the prompt appears automatically after completing an order's payment.
- If By User Selection is selected, the prompt appears only when the employee taps "Add Points" or "Redeem Rewards" in the Point of Sale.
- Enter the customer's Punchh loyalty information:
- Enter the customer's Punchh loyalty code, phone number, or email and tap Submit.
- Alternately, tap Use iPad Camera. Place the customer's QR code in front of the camera and scan the QR code. *
- The Point of Sale will display the Punchh user information for the entered user with the new points balance.
- If you haven't already, complete the order.
- After adding items to an order, tap the Redeem Points action icon on the Pay screen:
- The Point of Sale will prompt the user with the Enter Punchh User Information window. Enter the user's phone number, email, or redemption code and tap OK:
- Or if the user has a QR code or card, tap Use iPad Camera to scan the code. *
- The Point of Sale will display a Rewards Available screen with the customer's Punchh account information as well any available rewards:
- Once a reward is selected it will be applied to the order. Continue paying for the order and complete the transaction as normal.
- Make sure to tap Done to close the order.