Revel now supports credit-card-present refunds, allowing users to put money back on customer credit cards for refunded products, even without the original order. This functionality applies to receiptless returns and exchanges (where the return consists of any overages). Please note that this feature is only available to users with a FreedomPay, Mercury/Vantiv, or USAePay Payment Gateway.
How to Activate Card-Present Refund Settings
In order to accept card-present refunds, you must first activate this functionality on your management console. To do so:
- Navigate to the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com] and go to Settings.
- Click the Clear Selections option and type in "receiptless" in the search box.
- Check the box for receiptless returns to display all available settings on the right, as well as the box to Enable card-present refunds.
- On the right, check the boxes to Enable Receiptless Return and Enable Card Present Refunds and Save. When you enable card-present refunds, you can choose to activate this for In Store Returns, Receiptless Returns and/or Cross Store Returns. If you have multiple establishments, please refer to Store-to-Store Returns for more information:
Note: Currently, this feature is only supported for FreedomPay users. Future releases will add support for other payment processors.
How to Perform a Return on the Point of Sale
To credit a customer's credit card for a returned purchase, follow the steps below:
- On the Point of Sale, on the Dashboard, choose Orders:
- A window will open on the screen; select the icon to see additional options:
- Click on Advanced Search:
- Click on Search by Credit Card:
- Enter the Last 4 digits of the credit card that was used on the original purchase:
- A window will then prompt for the refund amount to be credit back to the card:
- After tapping Confirm the Point of Sale will prompt the user to swipe the credit card and then notify the user once the refund is successful.