In previous releases, if users removed an item from an order in QSR or Table Service modes, Revel labeled it as a "Void"; if users removed an item from an order in Retail mode, Revel labeled it as a "Return". In the 2.25 Release, Revel has eliminated vertical based language differences. Now, across verticals, if an order has not been closed, the user may only void an item. If the order has been closed, the user may only perform a return. The order items will be marked accordingly. If the user reopens a closed order and adds an item to it but then later removes that item, Revel will label it as a void.
On the Point of Sale
Changed the label for Void Item(s) to:
- For orders that are not closed = Void Item(s)
- For orders that are reopened with no new items added to it = Return Item(s)
- For orders that are reopened with new items added to it = Void/Return Item(s)
- If the item is a return, it will be marked as one
- When displaying voided/returned items on the order screen, Revel will name them accordingly, whether they are voided or returned
On the Management Console
On the Reports page:
- Voids and Returns records will now be reported on separate pages in the new Adjustments report
- In the Sales Summary report, Voids and Returns have been broken up into their own independent sections
- In the Operations report, under the SALES BY CLASS section, Revel has renamed the following:
- "Voids Qty." column to "Voids/Returns Qty"
- "Voids" to "Voids/Returns"
- In the Operations report, Renamed the "VOIDS AND COMPS" section heading to "VOIDS, RETURNS, AND COMPS"
- In the Order History report, Revel has changed the labels that were placed across voids products to indicate whether they were voided or returned