On the Point of Sale, Price Override gives you the ability to change the price of a item. For a product price to be subject to override, you must enable the setting tab in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), and on the individual product-level as well.
- Enabling Price Override in Settings
- Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
- Using Price Override on the POS
Enabling Price Override in Settings
The first step to using Price Override is to enable it in Setting. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections and then type Enable Price Override in the search bar.
- From the leftside menu, check the box for Enable Price Overrides and then enable it in the right side. Once you enable the setting, various sub-settings will appear. Enable the ones that fit your needs and then click Save:
Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
After you enable Price Override in Settings, the next step is to set it up for individual products. To do this:
- Go to the Products tab and click the plus icon for the category and subcategory where the desired product is located.
- After that, click the details icon for the product:
- Next, click Clear Selections. In the search box, type Allow Price Override.
- From the leftside menu, check the box for Allow Price Override and then enable it in the right side. Click Save when done:
- You can also use the advanced export feature to enable price override for multiple products at once. Navigate to the main Products page, then click Import/Export from the bottom left. Choose Products.
- In the next page, select the Advanced Export Type. Then, under the Export Contents field, select Allow Price Override. Finally, click the Export button:
- In the exported Excel sheet, find Column K (Allow Price Override) and fill out Yes for all eligible items. Save your file and import it back into the Management Console.
Using Price Overrides on the POS
After you have Price Override enabled for your products, you can use it on the POS. To do so:
- Make sure to refresh your POS after making changes in the Management Console.
- To enter an alternate price, add a price override eligible item to your order. Tap the name of the item from the order from the left side of the screen, then tap Price Override.
- In the Override Price window, enter the new price and tap Update Price:
- If a product has price override enabled and the regular price is set to $0, the Override Price window will appear automatically whenever you add the item to the order.