On the Point of Sale, Price Override gives you the ability to change the price of a item. For a product price to be subject to override, you must enable the setting tab in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), and on the individual product-level as well.
- Enabling Price Override in Settings
- Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
- Using Price Override on the POS
Enabling Price Override in Settings
The first step to using Price Override is to enable it in Setting. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections and then type Enable Price Override in the search bar.
- From the leftside menu, check the box for Enable Price Overrides and then enable it in the right side. Once you enable the setting, various sub-settings will appear. Enable the ones that fit your needs and then click Save:
Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
After you enable Price Override in Settings, the next step is to set it up for individual products. To do this:
- Go to the Products tab and click the plus icon for the category and subcategory where the desired product is located.
- After that, click the details icon for the product:
- Next, click Clear Selections. In the search box, type Allow Price Override.
- From the leftside menu, check the box for Allow Price Override and then enable it in the right side. Click Save when done:
- You can also use the advanced export feature to enable price override for multiple products at once. Navigate to the main Products page, then click Import/Export from the bottom left. Choose Products.
- In the next page, select the Advanced Export Type. Then, under the Export Contents field, select Allow Price Override. Finally, click the Export button:
- In the exported Excel sheet, find Column K (Allow Price Override) and fill out Yes for all eligible items. Save your file and import it back into the Management Console.
*Please note: Price override is not available for products when added to orders through a combo.
Using Price Overrides on the POS
After you have Price Override enabled for your products, you can use it on the POS. To do so:
- Make sure to refresh your POS after making changes in the Management Console.
- To enter an alternate price, add a price override eligible item to your order. Tap the name of the item from the order from the left side of the screen, then tap Price Override.
- In the Override Price window, enter the new price and tap Update Price:
- If a product has price override enabled and the regular price is set to $0, the Override Price window will appear automatically whenever you add the item to the order.