On the Point of Sale, Price Overrides gives you the ability to change the price of a item. For a product price to be subjected to override, you must enable the setting tab on the Management Console, and on the individual product-level as well. Below are the steps to configure price overrides.
- Enabling Price Override in Settings
- Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
- Using Price Overrides on the POS
Enabling Price Override in Settings
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- In the search field, type Enable Price Override.
- Check the box and the selected time periods for Enable Price Override. Then click Save.
You are now ready to enable price overrides for your products.
Enabling Price Override for Individual Products
- To enable price override for each item, go to the Products tab and click the plus icon for the category and sub-Category where the desired product is located.
- After that, click the details icon to show the Product Details.
- Click Clear Selection. In the search box, type Allow Price Override.
- On the right, check the box for Allow Price Override, then click Save.
- You can also use the advance export feature to update a list of your products. Navigate to Products > Import/Export Products. Select the Advanced Export type, and under the Export Contents, select Allow Price Override.
Using Price Overrides on the POS
Before testing this feature on the Point of Sale, make sure to log out and refresh to see changes.
- On the Point of Sale, add an item to the order screen.
- If your item has price override enabled, tap the item name once on the left side.
- Then tap Override Price. You can then type the price of that item, then click Ok.