If your business offers catering, you can use Revel’s catering feature to create orders that can be scheduled for a future delivery date. The Revel POS is able to keep track of past, present, and future delivery orders.
- Creating a Catering Order and Applying to a House Account
- Viewing a House Account Balance on the POS
- Paying a House Account Balance on the POS
Creating a Catering Order and Applying to a House Account
You can set up a catering balance to be applied to a House Account, instead of using an invoice. It is beneficial to use a House Account for catering because a customer or company with multiple orders can be billed in one lump sum. To create a new catering order:
- On the POS, start a new order and choose Catering from the Dining Options window, then tap OK:
- Select the day and time for the catering order and then tap Apply to Order:
- Next, you will be prompted to attach a customer to the catering order. You can either select a customer that is already in your customer database or create a new customer. To add an existing customer, tap the customer’s name and then tap Add to Order. To add a brand new customer, tap New Customer in the bottom right corner. Fill out the customer information, lower the keyboard, and tap Save. Confirm all entered information is correct and then tap OK. Tap Add to Order in line with the new customer's name.
- If the customer's address is outside of your set delivery range, a notification will appear on the POS. You can edit your delivery area in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) under Settings > Advanced POS Settings > Delivery. On that page, you can set up your delivery range by postcode or GeojSON.
- Once a customer is attached to the order, ring in all items included on the catering order. After all items are added, tap the Payment button.
- From the payment screen, select Credit + and choose House Accounts from the window, then tap OK:
Viewing a House Account Balance on the POS
You can view a customer's House Account balance at any time on the POS. To view a customer's balance:
- Tap Customers at the top of the screen. Find the customer whose balance you want to view and tap the name. Tap Edit Info in line with the customer's name:
- Tap the House Account button in the bottom left corner:
- This screen will show the current House Account balance.
Paying a House Account Balance on the POS
On the House Account balance screen, you can make a partial payment to a House Account balance or pay the entire balance in full. To make a payment to a balance:
- Enter the amount tendered and then choose the payment type. Tap Done to exit the screen: