If your business offers catering, you can use Revel’s catering feature to create orders that can be scheduled for a future delivery date. The Revel POS is able to keep track of past, present, and future delivery orders.
- Creating a Catering Order and Applying to a House Account
- Viewing a House Account Balance on the POS
- Paying a House Account Balance on the POS
Creating a Catering Order and Applying to a House Account
Instead of using an invoice, you can set up a catering balance to be applied to a House Account. It is beneficial to use a House Account for catering because a customer or company with multiple orders, can be billed in one lump sum. To create a new catering order:
- On the Poing of Sale, start a new order. Tap the order number and choose Catering from the Dining Options window. Then tap OK:
- Select the day and time for the catering order and then tap Apply to Order:
- Next, you will be prompted to attach a customer to the catering order. You can either select a customer that is already in your customer database, or create a new customer. Tap on the customer's name, then select Add to Order.
- If the customer's address is outside of your set delivery range, a notification will appear on the POS. You can edit your delivery area in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) under Settings > Advanced POS Settings > Delivery. On that page, you can set up your delivery range by postcode or GeojSON.
- Once a customer is attached to the order, tap Pay.
- From the payment screen, select Credit + and choose House Accounts.
Viewing a House Account Balance on the POS
You can view a customer's House Account balance on the POS at any time. To view a customer's balance:
- Tap the Customers icon at the top of the screen. Find the desired customer, and Tap Edit Info.
- Next, select the House Account button on the bottom left corner
- This screen will show the current House Account balance.
Paying a House Account Balance on the POS
On the House Account balance screen, you can make a partial payment or pay the outstanding balance in full. To make a payment:
- Navigate to a customer's house account profile.
- Enter the amount tendered and then choose the payment type. Tap Done to exit the screen: