Percentage Discount are commonly used to discount specific items or the entire purchase.
How to Create a Percentage Discount
Setting up a percentage discount in the management console can easily save you time on the POS.
- Begin by navigating to Products > Discounts.
- Click Add Discount, and enter a discount name.
- From the Function drop-down menu, select Standard.
- Then click the drop-down area for Type and select Percent. For the Amount box, type the value of the discount.
- Next, under Qualification type, select whether this discount applies to the entire Order or just one Item.
- If your products are taxed after the discount is made, check the box for Taxed. Otherwise, the products will be taxed before the order is discounted.
- Then click Save.
Setting Qualifications and Parameters for a Percentage Discount
In Revel, you can set rules for a specific discount. You can also use product groups to apply the discount to select items only.
- Fill in the Discount Name, Function, Type, Amount, and Qualification for this discount.
- For the drop-down for Type, select Group.
- Next, under Qualifying Data, type the name of the product group you want this discount to apply to. This will allow only items in the group to be discounted.
- If you want your discount to automatically applied, check Auto Apply.
- Click Save.
- If you click the Pencil icon for discount details, you can even adjust other details such as Effective Dates and Times this discount may apply.
- Click Save if any adjustments are made.