Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
With Revel's Gift with Purchase discount feature, you have the ability to run promotions such as spend $100, get an item free!
- Creating a Gift with Purchase Discount
- Using the Gift with Purchase Discount
- Require Product from Qualifying Class/Group for Gift with Purchase Discount
- Applying Multiple Gift with Purchase Discounts
Creating a Gift with Purchase Discount
To create a gift with purchase discount:
- On the Management Console, go to the Products tab. Then, click Discounts from the left side bar.
- Click +Add Discount:
- Next, fill out the Discount Name.
- For the Function choose Gift with Purchase from the drop-down menu.
- Then, for the Type choose Percent and enter 100 in the Amount field.
- Under Qualifying Data, select the product that is free with the purchase.
- Then, click Save:
- After your discount is saved, click Gift with Purchase Discounts from the Discount header.
- Then, click the icon in line with your gift with purchase discount:
- In the discount details, fill out the Minimum Amount field. This is how much a customer must spend to be eligible for the free gift with purchase:
- Finally, click Save.
Using the Gift with Purchase Discount
To apply a gift with purchase discount on the Point of Sale:
- Add the customer's items to the order screen. Make sure the order meets the qualifying amount:
- After tapping Pay, you'll be prompted with the qualifying gift. Select the desired item, then tap Add to Order:
- Proceed with the checkout screen:
Require Product from Qualifying Class/Group for Gift with Purchase Discount
You can require that a customer select a product from the qualifying class or group in order to get the Gift with Purchase Discount. This can be enabled when you set up or edit your already created Gift with Purchase Discount.
- From the Products home page, click Discounts in the menu on the left-hand side:
- Click the Gift with purchase discounts link:
- Next, click the icon for the discount you'd like to edit:
- Scroll down to the Basic Discount Details section and check the box next to Require a product from each qualifying class/group:
- By default, the discount will be applied to the most expensive product. If you want to apply the discount to other products, check the box next to Apply the reprice to sum of products and identify the product in the Advanced Discount Rules:
- Once you've made your selections, click the Save button at the top of the page and refresh your POS Stations.
Applying Multiple Gift with Purchase Discounts
It's now possible to apply multiple free gifts to a single order. To do this:
- In the Management Console, go to Products> Discounts> Gift with Purchase.
- Once there, click the icon in line with your already created gift with purchase discount (if you haven't created your discount yet, follow the steps in the above section).
- In the discount details, find the How Often to Apply field.
- If you want the discounts to apply automatically, select To All Applicable Items from the drop-down:
- If you want to manually apply the discounts, select Once Per User Selection from the drop-down:
- As always, click Save when you're done.
Please note, when manually applied, a screen will appear on the Point of Sale prompting the user to select the number of times the discount should apply after tapping the Pay button.