One of the newest additions to Revel’s discount functionality is the Gift with Purchase discount. This allows you to run promotions like spend $100, get product free!
Creating a Gift with Purchase Discount
The Gift with Purchase discount is a great tool for planning promotional events. To set this one up:
- Begin by going to Management Console. Navigate to Products > Discounts.
- In the Discount Name box, enter the name of the discount.
- Next, select the Function drop down and click Gift with Purchase.
- For Type, select Percent. Then type 100 in the Amount box.
- Under Qualifying Data, select the product that is free with purchase.
- If the product will be taxed after this discount is made, check the Taxed box.
- Then click Save.
- Next, click the Pencil Icon located on the right side of the discount name.
- Under Basic Discount Rules, find the Minimum Amount box. This amount is the required amount of money a customer needs to spend before receiving the free product.
- On this page, you will also be able to adjust the time period during which this purchase discount is active.
- Lastly, click Save.