After your equipment is set up, it is crucial to test a credit card transaction on your Point of Sale. If your transaction is successful, your Reports tab will display the sales total.
Testing a Credit Card Transaction
- Before testing a credit card transaction, return to the Point of Sale login screen and tap Refresh.
- After refreshing, sign in using your PIN. If you have not changed the Pin in the Management Console, your Pin will be 1234.
- Once logged in, you can either select a product from the right, or create a quick item by using the Add Extra Items icon.
- Then tap the blue dollar sign for Pay.
- Next, tap Credit, and slide the card through your card swipe.
- On the ipad screen, you will be able to see Credit Approved.
Sales data cannot be erased. In order to remove this sale from your reports, you can proceed with Refunding the Transaction.
Testing a Cash Transaction
Before testing a cash sale, set your iPad in training mode by going to Settings > Manager > iPad POS > Enable Test Mode. This will prevent any test transactions from showing up in your reports.
- Once logged in, you can either select a product from the right, or create a quick item by using the
- Add Extra Items Icon.
- Next, tap the blue dollar sign for Pay.
- Then enter the amount of money you are accepting for this transaction.
- Lastly, select the Cash option listed at the bottom of the payments screen.
- You will receive a prompt that says
- Please Pay your Customer $____ Amount in Change.