Taking orders on the point of sale is a function you'll be performing more than any others. To practice taking orders or to create a test order, you can put your system in Test Mode to prevent the practice transactions from affecting your true sales.
To put your POS in Test Mode:
- From the dashboards screen, tap Settings:
- Then, tap Training Mode and tap the oval to turn it on. The oval will turn blue and a red bar will display across the top alerting you that you're in training mode.
- Tap Done to return to the dashboard:
Creating an Order
To create an order:
- From the dashboard, tap New Order or Tables:
- If you tapped Tables, tap an empty table to open a new order.
- To add an item to the order, locate the product button and tap it. You can also tap the search icon and enter the item name, barcode, SKU, or alternate lookup ID in the box:
- Once an order is created, it will be assigned a unique order number. Tap the Order # to open the Order Details screen:
- Here you can add a customer to the order, add order notes, and add and edit discounts and service fees:
- Tap Done to leave the details screen and return to the order.
- When you've added all the necessary item to the order, tap the Pay button and proceed with payment:
Finally, if you would like to view your orders in a full screen, rather than a split screen, you can change the view of your order screen by clicking on the arrow icon. Click again to revert back to split screen: