If you accept tips at your establishment, you can adjust tip amounts and process all credit card payments at once through the main Point of Sale Batch Process screen.
- Depending on your role permissions, log in to the Point of Sale as a manager or Owner.
- On the dashboard, tap Payments Waiting to Batch.
- You will see all orders with unprocessed credit card payments.
- Locate the order that needs to be adjusted. You can search by Order ID, Transaction #, Last 4 Credit Card Digits, Card Holder Last Name, or Card Holder First Name.
- Once you locate the order that needs to be adjusted, enter the tip amount for each order in the Tip field. If you do not accept tips, omit this step.
- Tap Capture in line with the individual order to accept the amount for a single order.You can also fill in the tip fields for all orders and tap Capture All in the top right corner to capture all payments at once.(Please note that once a payment is captured, it cannot be altered).
- A Capture All Transactions window will appear. Tap Yes to confirm that you want to capture all unprocessed credit card payments:
- Once an order is captured, it will disappear from the Batch Process screen.
If the iPad stations are in a syncing environment, only one batch process is necessary from the main station. If the iPads are not in a syncing environment, the batch process will have to be completed on each POS station.
Please Note: If an employee cannot see their personal tip processing on the Point of Sale, it's because there are certain POS Role Permissions turned on for that role.
To fix this, go to the Management Console>Employees>Permissions>POS Role Permissions. Locate the employee's role in the table and uncheck Owner Access and Batch Process then click Save. Make sure to refresh the POS stations.