If you are a table service restaurant, you can create a table layout to appear on the Point of Sale. This way, your employees can ring in orders on the POS under the appropriate tables.
Building Your Table Layout
For your table chart to appear on the POS, you’ll need to first build it in your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). To do so:
- In the Management Console, click the Establishments tab and choose Tables from the left.
- You will see a grid appear. If you have multiple sections in your restaurant, you can add the various sections by clicking +Add New Section. Type the name of the section in the Untitled Section field.
- To start building your table layout, choose the most appropriate table shape from the options in the top section. Drag your selection to the area it belongs. Once you release your mouse, the table will stay in place. To move a stationed table, click on it and drag it:
- To change the name of a table, enter it in the Table Name field in the top right side. Use the Capacity field to enter the number of guests the table seats.
- Once you have constructed your layout, click Save in the top right corner:
Deleting or Changing Your Table Layout
If your table layout changes or you want to remove tables from your chart, you can delete entire sections, deactivate tables, or move tables. Here's how:
- To delete an entire section, choose the section from the section drop-down menu in the top left corner. When the section is on the screen, click the red trash can icon in the top right corner. A warning appears alerting you that you are about to delete an entire section of tables. Click Yes to confirm:
- If you do not want to delete an entire section but want to deactivate individual tables, choose a table that needs to be removed. Once it is selected, click Inactive in the top right side. The table will turn grey once it has been deactivated. You will see all active and inactive tables in the layout screen in the Management Console, but only active tables will appear on the POS:
- To move tables, simply click on a table and drag it to a new location. You can also edit an individual table's details at any time by clicking on the table and adjusting the details, like table name or capacity, in the top bar.
- Click Save to capture all changes.
Assigning Table Tags
If you would like the POS to display specific table details, you can utilize table tags. This way, you can tag tables as Wheelchair Accessible, Patio Tables, Dimly Lit, Booth or any other tags you may need. To use table tags:
- You will first need to enable Table Tags and add the specific tags you want to utilize. Please contact Revel Support so our team can set up your tags.
- In your Table Layout screen, click a table that needs a tag. In the top left side, click Assign Tag.
- All available tags will show in the drop-down. Choose the correct tag. You can assign multiple tags to one table if needed.
- Repeat this process for all tables that need tags. Click Save when you're done: