With Revel's robust inventory management, you can add your vendors to your system and attach products to specific vendors, streamlining record keeping and expediting purchase order creation.
- Adding Vendors Individually
- Adding Vendors in Bulk
- Attaching Products to Vendors Individually
- Attaching Products to Vendors in Bulk
Adding Vendors Individually
If you work with just a few vendors, you can add them individually to your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). Here’s how:
- In your Management Console, go to the Inventory tab.
- Next, click the Vendors tab, then click Create Vendor:
- Fill out the Vendor Name along with any other relevant fields. These fields serve as record-keeping tools and also auto-populate when you create purchase orders for the vendor.
- Once you're done entering everything you need, click Save:
- Repeat this process for all vendors that you want to add individually.
Adding Vendors in Bulk
If you work with a large amount of vendors, you can add them to your system en masse via a spreadsheet upload. To do so:
- In the Inventory tab, click the Vendors tab. Then, click Vendors Info Import/ Export:
- Next, click Export or Download Template. Export will give you a template with your active vendors, while Download Template will give you an empty template.
- In the exported file, you will see the vendor information fields in the spreadsheet columns. Fill out the template with your vendor information.
- When you're done, save the file to your computer.
- Navigate back to the Vendors tab and click Vendor Info Import / Export.
- Click Choose File and attach your saved spreadsheet.
- Once your file is attached, click Import.
- You can confirm that your updates were successfully uploaded by checking the import results email. If you would like the results emailed to a different email than listed, please input the email in the empty box above the import button.
- After you have confirmed that all of your new information was successfully uploaded, click +Attach Vendors at the bottom of the Vendors tab.
- You will see a list of vendors that were uploaded through the spreadsheet. To attach a vendor to your establishment, click Attach in line with the vendor’s name. Repeat this process for all vendors that need to be attached to your establishment:
Attaching Products to Vendors Individually
After you have added vendors to your system, you can attach specific products to your vendors, streamlining record keeping, enhancing reports, and expediting purchase order creation. To attach vendors to items individually:
- Start in the Product Inventory tab.
- Click the pencil icon in the Primary Vendors column:
- In the new window, start typing the vendor name. Choose the correct vendor from the options that appear.
- If your vendor requires that you order the item with a reference ID, enter it in the Vendor Item ID field. If this is not applicable, leave this field empty.
- Next, select the unit of measurement that you'll be using to order this item.
- If you want your purchase order to automatically populate a reorder quantity for the item, fill out the Default Quantity.
- Similarly, if you want your purchase order to automatically populate a cost for the item, fill out the Default Price. The default cost should be entered as the cost per single unit.
- Click Save when you're done. Repeat this process as many times as needed:
Attaching Products to Vendors in Bulk
If you have a large amount of products you’d like to attach to vendors, you can attach them all at once using a spreadsheet upload. Here’s how:
- In the Inventory tab, click the Vendors tab.
- Next, click Vendor Items Import / Export:
- Click Export or Default Template. Export will provide you with a template that contains your previously attached products, while Default Template will give you an empty spreadsheet.
- Open your downloaded spreadsheet. Fill out the Vendor ID, which you can find next to the vendor name on the Vendors tab.
- Then, fill out the Vendor Name, Item Type (product), the >Item Name (product name), the Barcode or SKU (at least one of these is required per item when importing), the Stock Unit, and, if applicable, Vendor Item ID, Default Quantity, and Default Price. Reorder to PAR, Taxed on Reorder, Primary Vendor, and Active should all be filled out with Yes or No, depending on your preferences.
- Now that you've completed your spreadsheet, save your file.
- Back in your Management Console, click Vendor Items Import / Export. Click Choose File and attach your saved file.
- Once attached, click Import. Confirm all changes successfully uploaded by checking the import results email. If you would like the results emailed to a different email than listed, please input the email in the empty box above the import button.