By using Customer Groups, you will be able to organize your CRM and apply specific discounts or tax exemptions to members of the group.
Creating a Customer Group
Customer Groups gives you the ability to organize your customers into different organizations. Before you can apply customers to a group, the Customer Group will need to be created in the Management Console.
- In the Management Console, start by navigating to the CRM tab.
- Select Customer Group, then click Add Customer Group.
- Type the name of the group, then click Save.
- To add customers to this group, click the pencil icon.
- Under the Membership section, click the box to the right of the Customer Name. This action will apply the customer to this specific group.
- Click Save.
Linking a Discount to a Specific Customer Group
Customer Discounts gives you the ability to automatically apply a discount to all members of your customer group. When adding a customer to a sale, you have the ability add the discount manually, or set it to apply automatically.
- Go to Products > Discounts and add a Customer Discount.
- After that, navigate to the CRM tab and select Customer Groups.
- Click the pencil tab for a Customer Group.
- In the Discounts box, type the name of the Customer Discount.
- If you would like this discount to automatically apply when the customer is added to the order screen, check the box for Auto Apply Discounts.
- Click Save.