Your iPad point of sale is where you handle all your sales, payments, returns, and just about anything else that involves directly interacting with your customers. The most basic function is creating an order.
Creating an Order
Your actual orders may include more steps than this example, which uses very few of the options available with Revel. Modifiers, dining options, and rewards programs will add steps to your order. Once you've got the hang of a basic order, the extra steps will be fairly intuitive, but you can always look up anything you don't recognize here at Revel Support.
You may want to put your point of sale in training mode to practice taking orders, so that the transactions you create won't affect your actual sales numbers.
To create a point of sale order:
- On the point of sale dashboard, tap New Order.
- If you'd like to attach a customer to the order, tap the customer icon and select the customer from the drop-down. You can add a new customer right from the order screen by tapping Add New. When you've entered the new customer's information, click Save.
- There are a few ways to add products to an order:
- Scan the product
- Tap the button on the right labeled with the product's category. Tap the product's subcategory, and then tap the product's name:
- Tap the Search icon on the upper right, enter the product's name, and select the product from the drop-down list:
Buttons on the Order Screen
- At the top of the screen you'll see the words new order. Once you've added at least one product to the order, this will be replaced by the order number. Tap it to open the Order Details screen. Here you can add or remove customers, add notes to an order, and manage discounts and service fees:
- Cancel: Cancels the order currently on your screen.
- Hold: Places the order on hold, so you can create another order or perform another task on the point of sale. You can re-open the order by tapping Orders on the point of sale dashboard and selecting it from the pop-up list.
- Send sends the order to the kitchen:
- Customers lets you attach a customer to the order and/or create a new customer.
- Pay takes you directly to the payment screen when you're ready to close the order:
- The Search icon opens a product search:
The Orders Tab
Tap the orders icon at the top of the screen to bring up the orders tab. The orders tab allows you quick access to recent orders and advanced search options.
- Manage Orders lets you close all open orders on your point of sale. It requires a manager PIN.
- Advanced Search lets you search for orders by order ID, credit card, date range, or loyalty card number.
- Sort Preference lets you sort your orders by customer name, date, etc..
- The search field is a quick search for an order by ID or customer name.
- The selection bar below the search field lets you view open orders, orders for the day, or all orders in the system.
- Under Orders, tap an order to open it:
The Quick Action Toolbar
The Quick Action Toolbar includes several tasks. Your settings will partly determine what appears here:
- Quantity lets you quickly add items in quantities other than one. Tap the quantity button, enter a quantity, and then scan or select the product.
- Guest Count (Table Service) lets you enter a number of guests for a table.
- Auto Gratuity (Table Service) lets you add a set gratuity based on the number of guests.
- Add Extra Item lets you quickly create a new item and add it to the order.
- Discount Order allows you to select a discount or create one manually and apply it to the entire order.
- Dining Option opens a pop up where you can select a dining option (Delivery, Take Out, etc.) for the order.
- Print Guest Check prints an order summary without closing the order.
- Enter Barcode - use this to enter a barcode manually instead of scanning it.
- Open Cash Drawer opens the cash drawer without completing an order.
- Move Table (Table Service) lets you move customers to a different table.
- Transfer Order lets you transfer an order from one server to another.
- Auto-Grauity lets you add a gratuity to the order before checkout.
- Add/Remove Tax removes or adds tax to the entire order.