Taking orders on the point of sale is a function you'll be performing more than any others. To practice taking orders or to create a test order, you can put your system in Test Mode to prevent the practice transactions from affecting your true sales.
To put your POS in Test Mode:
- From the dashboards screen, tap Settings:
- Then, tap Training Mode and tap the oval to turn it on. The oval will turn blue and a red bar will display across the top alerting you that you're in training mode.
- Tap Done to return to the dashboard:
Creating an Order
To create an order:
- From the dashboard, tap New Order:
- To add an item to the order, locate the product button and tap it. You can also tap the search icon and enter the item name, barcode, SKU, or alternate lookup ID in the box:
- You can also scan the barcode of the physical item with your barcode scanner.
- Once an order is created, it will be assigned a unique order number. Tap the Order # to open the Order Details screen:
- Here you can add a customer to the order, add order notes, and add and edit discounts and service fees:
- Tap Done to leave the details screen and return to the order.
- When you've added all the necessary products to the order, tap the Pay button and proceed with payment: