With Revel, you can set low stock alerts for your products. If an item falls below the set threshold, you'll receive an automated notification that it's time to reorder.
- Updating Low Stock Alerts Individually
- Updating Low Stock Alerts in Bulk
- Updating the Low Stock Alert Email Address
- Reordering Products
Updating Low Stock Alerts Individually
If you have just a few stock alerts to update, you can update them individually in the Inventory tab in your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). To do so:
- In the Management Console, go to the Inventory tab and then the Product Inventory tab.
- The column titled Low Stock Alert column is where you'll update the threshold number. Locate the item that needs to be updated and fill out the Low Stock Alert field. You don't have to click Save, as this number will update automatically.
- Repeat this process until all items are updated:
Updating Low Stock Alerts in Bulk
If you want to edit multiple low stock alert quantities at once, you can do so by using a spreadsheet upload. Here’s how:
- In the Product Inventory tab, click the ... icon and then choose Export> Excel.
- In the next page, choose Reset Low Stock Threshold from the Additional Columns field, then click Export. Check your email for the exported file:
- When you open the Excel file, locate Column O (New Threshold) and enter the product’s low stock number.
- After you've filled out the stock alert number, save your file.
- In the Export / Import screen for Product Inventory, locate the Import section. Click Choose File and attach the Excel document you saved. After the file is attached, click Import Inventory.
- Once your file is processed, you will receive a results email. Check this email to confirm all changes were uploaded successfully. If any errors occurred, the results email will pinpoint exactly where and why the error happened. Fix the issue in the file and repeat the upload process.
- If your upload was successful, you will see the threshold number from the spreadsheet under the Low Stock Alert column in the Product Inventory tab.
Updating the Low Stock Alert Email Address
If an item's on-hand quantity falls below the set threshold, you'll receive an automatic email notification that it’s time to reorder. To edit the email address the notification will be sent to:
- In the Product Inventory tab, click Set Up Stock Alert Email in the top right corner. Fill out your email address in the Send Low Stock Alert To field. Check the box if you want to consolidate alerts into one daily email. Then, click Save:
The Reorder tab allows you to quickly view all items that have fallen below their set thresholds. To easily reorder low stock items:
- Go to the Inventory tab and click the Reorder tab.
- If your products are attached to vendors, you'll see the different vendor sections with corresponding products underneath. Click Generate PO to quickly open a new purchase order that contains the products flagged for reorder:
- All of your products that are not attached to vendors will appear under the No Vendor section. Generate PO will take you to a new purchase order, where you'll then select the vendor and create the purchase order as normal: