With Revel, you can set low stock alerts for your products and ingredients. If an item falls below the set threshold, you will receive an automated notification that it's time to reorder.
- Updating Low Stock Alerts Individually
- Updating Low Stock Alerts in Bulk
- Updating the Low Stock Alert Email Address
- Reordering Products and Ingredients
Updating Low Stock Alerts Individually
If you have just a few stock alerts to update, you can update them individually in the Inventory tab in your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). To do so, follow the below steps:
- In the Management Console, go to the Inventory tab and then the Product Inventory tab or Ingredient Inventory tab.
- The column titled Low Stock Alert is where you will update the threshold number. Locate the item that needs to be updated and enter the low threshold number in the Low Stock Alert field. You do not have to click save, as this number will update automatically.
- Repeat this process until all items are updated:
Updating Low Stock Alerts in Bulk
If you want to edit multiple low stock alert quantities at once, you can do so using a spreadsheet upload. Here’s how:
- In the Product Inventory tab or Ingredient Inventory tab, click Import / Export in the top right corner.
- On the next page, check Update Low Stock Alert and click Export Inventory. Check your email for the exported file:
- When you open the Excel file, locate Column P (New Threshold) and enter the product’s or ingredient’s low threshold number.
- In Column O (Update Threshold), enter Yes if you are updating the current threshold. If you are not updating the threshold, enter No. This column needs to be filled out for every item with either a Yes or No, depending on your updates.
- After you have added all required details, save your file:
- In the Export / Import screen for Product Inventory or Ingredient Inventory, locate the Import section. Click Choose File and attach the Excel document you saved. After the file is attached, click Import Inventory.
- Once your file is processed, you will receive a results email. Check this email to confirm all changes were uploaded successfully. If any errors occurred, the results email will pinpoint exactly where and why the error happened. Fix the issue in the file and repeat the upload process.
- If your upload was successful, you will see the threshold number you entered in the spreadsheet under the Low Stock Alert column in the Product Inventory tab or Ingredient Inventory tab.
Updating the Low Stock Alert Email Address
If an item’s on-hand quantity falls below the set threshold, you will receive an automatic notification that it’s time to reorder. To edit the email address the notification will be sent to:
- In the Product Inventory tab or Ingredient Inventory tab, click Stock Alert Email in the top right corner. Fill out your email address in the Enter Email field. Check the box if you want to consolidate alerts into one daily email. Then, click Save:
Reordering Products or Ingredients
The Reorder tab allows you to quickly view all items that have fallen below their set thresholds. To easily reorder low stock items:
- Go to the Inventory tab and click the Reorder tab.
- If your products or ingredients are attached to vendors, you will see the different vendor sections with corresponding products or ingredients underneath. Click Generate PO to quickly open a new purchase order that contains the products or ingredients flagged for reorder:
- All of your products or ingredients that are not attached to vendors will appear under the --None-- section in the Reorder tab. Generate PO will take you to a new purchase order, where you will then select the vendor and create the purchase order as normal: