Set-Up: Star Micronics Printer (TSP650)
To set a Star Micronics Printer to a Static IP Address, follow the steps below:
- Put paper into the printer.
- Plug the ethernet cable into the back of the printer (ensure the other end of the Ethernet cable is connected to the router or a switch leading to the router).
- Turn the printer on. A green light should be visible on the front of the printer.
- Turn the printer off.
- Press and hold the paper feed button while turning the printer back on.
- TSP650 - After turning the printer back on, a report will print out; release the paper feed button as soon as this report begins to print.
With both printers, two reports will print out, the second report will have a header along the lines of “Network Card…” and at the bottom of the paper there will be an IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway. The first report can be discarded.
- Launch a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the printer(s) and iPads running POS Lavu.
- Type the IP Address from the second report from the printer into the address bar; press enter. The Star Micronics Network Utility will load.
** Note: Not all IP Address schemes are the same; enter the IP Address found at the bottom of the Network Card report from the Star printer.
- Click Login (found in the control pane along the left side of the page).
- Enter the default Username and Password.
- Default Username: root
- Default Password: public
- Once logged in, click IP Parameters (located at the top of the control pane along the left side of the page).
- Enable Static //following addresses are fixed.
- Type in a static IP Address that is outside of the DHCP range of the router.
- Type in the Subnet Mask (typically 255.255.255.0, but also located on the report from the printer).
- Type in the Default Gateway (the IP Address of the router).
- Click Submit.
Configuring Other Important Settings on a Star Printer:
- Click System Configuration.
- Enter 30 into the text field for Web Refresh Interval Time (Sec.).
- Ensure #9100 Multi Session is Enabled.
- Set #9100 Data Timeout (Sec.) to 30.
- Click Submit.
Saving Your Changes:
- Click Save (found in the control pane along the left side of the page).
- Click Execute on the page that loads (do not change anything).
Your printer will restart and print out a new Network Card report. The static IP Address will appear at the bottom of the report.