In addition to creating standard discounts with Revel, you can also create specific discounts like Volume-Based Discounts. Volume-Based discounts are based off the quantity of products purchased. Examples include Buy One, Get One Free; Buy Two, Get One Half Off; and Buy Five, Get Each 25% Off.
Creating a BOGO Discount- Basic Setup
To create a BOGO discount:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab and click Discounts from the left side.
- Click the grey + Add New Discount text. Fill out the Discount Name and leave the Function as Standard.
- Your Type will be dependent on your BOGO Discount:
- Choose Amount if you give a whole dollar amount off for purchasing a certain quantity of a product, such as $10 off with the purchase of 2 items.
- Choose Percent if you give a percentage off for purchasing a certain quantity of a product, such as 10% off with the purchase of 3 items.
- Choose Reprice if you reprice specific items to the same dollar amount when purchasing a certain quantity of a product, such as buy 4 of a $25 item to receive each for $20.
- Choose Alt Price if your BOGO items are repriced to various amounts. The alternative price must be set per each item in the Advanced Product Details.
- Fill out the Amount of the BOGO discount depending on your chosen Type.
- For the Qualification Type, select Item since this is a product-based discount. After Item is selected, another box will appear to the right. From here, choose Class, Group, Modifier Class, Modifier, or Product. Once selected, you can then choose which specific class, group, modifier class, modifier, or product the discount is based on. For example, if all your appetizers qualify for your BOGO offer, you would first create a product group that contains all appetizers and then choose the group for your discount.
- Next, check the Auto Apply box if you want the BOGO discount to automatically apply if the criteria is met.
- Check the Taxed box if your BOGO discount should be taxed.
- Once all standard details are in place, click the floppy disk icon in the top right corner to ensure your discount is created and saved:
Creating a BOGO Discount- Advanced Setup
Once you have enabled the basic details for your BOGO discount, the next step is to enable the advanced details such as the number of products required to earn the discount. To do this:
- In the Discounts page, click the pencil icon to the far right of your BOGO discount.
- In the discount details, scroll down to the Advanced Discount Rules. In the Number of Products Required to Earn Discount field, enter the number of products required to earn the discount. For example, if your BOGO is buy 2, get the 3rd free, enter 2 in this field.
- Check the box for Apply to All Qualifying Products/ Class/ Group. The discount will apply to all members of the qualifying group in the order once the required volume has been met. If you check this box, the Apply to All Products Required To Earn Discount and Discount Applies To fields will disappear:
- Check the box for Apply to All Products Required to Earn Discount if you want the discount to be applied to each item in the qualifying group. For example, if 3 cocktails are purchased, they will all be given 10% off. This field will give 10% off to EACH cocktail. If you check this box, the Apply to All Qualifying Products/ Class/ Group and Discount Applies To fields will disappear.
- Lastly, in the Discount Applies To field, leave it set at Same as Qualifying Product/ Group/ Class if the discount applies to the same product, class, or group that was required to meet the discount. For instance, buy 2 entrees, receive a 3rd entree free. If the discount applies to a different class, group, modifier, modifier class, or product, click the drop-down and choose Class, Group, Modifier, Modifier Class or Product. Once selected, fill out the Target Class, Group, Modifier, Modifier Class, or Product:
- Click Save in the top right corner to save your changes.