When a business resides near a state line, they may need to create several different state taxes based on their local laws or a government act (ex: Midwestern Farming Act of 2012) that requires they use a specific tax based on where their customer resides. Before you can enter the different tax groups you will first need to set the prevailing tax group to the local/state tax where you are located. Then, you can create additional tax groups that can be manually added to the transaction, for the states/areas you are taxing separate from you locale. To do so:
- Login to your Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com] and navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Override Prevailing. Check both boxes that appear under Advanced POS Settings so the settings appear on the right. Activate both Override Prevailing Tax for Order and Override Prevailing Tax Rate for POS Station:
- When finished, Save.
- Next, go to Products and choose Taxes from the left panel, then select Advanced Tas Settings:
- Under Individual Tax Groups, click the +Add Tax option and enter the Tax Name and the Rounding as Math.
- To add the Tax Rate for this new tax, click on +Add Rate to add the Tax Rate, Effective From Date (the start date you want the tax to be available) and Effective To Date. (Note, if the tax is indefinite, leave the Effective To field blank). Optionally, you can designate tax table, if applicable:
- Click Save.
- Refresh each Point of Sale station. Then you will see an additional tax button in the action item buttons. Tap this to select the tax you want applied to the order, if you do not want the prevailing tax to apply.