The Epson TM-M30 printer can be configured to print via Wi-Fi. In order to do this, you must convert the printer from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi.
Before you start, be sure you have plugged the Wi-Fi dongle into the printer and that you have already completed the basic setup for your Epson TM-m30 printer.
Please follow the steps below for setting up a Wi-Fi connection for an Epson TM-m30 receipt printer:
- Install the Epson TM Utility app on your iPad.
- Open the Epson TM Utility app.
- Tap Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- In the Printer field at the top of the page, select TM-m30 and tap Next.
- When the printer was first connected to power, it should have already printed out a receipt showing the default IP address and the printer’s MAC address. If this receipt was NOT printed, then please select Not Printed and follow the steps listed on the Setup Wizard. Otherwise, tap Printed.
- A Temporary Profile Installation page will appear. Tap Next.
- You are brought to a web browser and asked "This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?" Select Allow.
- You'll see the iPad Settings app, asking you to install a profile. Tap Install. A Warning appears "The profile is not signed". Tap Allow. Then tap Install on the pop-up. Tap Done.
- You are returned to the web browser. Under "Return to TM Utility" tap Back
- A pop-up saying "Open in TM Utility?" appears. Tap Yes. You are returned to the TM Utility. Tap Next.
- The printer is now broadcasting a WiFi network called "EPSON_Printer". On the iPad, navigate to Settings > WiFi and connect to this wireless network.
- Return to the TM Utility. The TM Utility will detect the Revel network. Tap Next.
- Change the security type from None to WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES). Tap Next.
- Tap Passphrase and enter your Revel network password. Tap Next.
- Tap the green button that says Auto (DHCP)
- Enter the desired IP address. EX: 192.168.22.205
- Enter the gateway: 192.168.22.1
- Tap Set to Printer.
- Navigate to the iPad settings app and select WiFi. Reconnect to the Revel network.
- Return to the TM Utility app. Tap Next.
- Select Test Print. If the printer is properly connected, a test sheet will print.
- Tap Finish. The printer is now configured.
- Contact Revel support to create a profile for this printer in the Management Console. Only Revel Support Agents can do this. Use printer type "Epson" and enter the IP address assigned to the printer.
If using this printer as a receipt printer, ensure it is assigned to a POS station on the management console in Establishment > Stations > Printing > Printer
Note: The printer configuration can be accessed by entering the printer’s IP address into a web browser. The username is epson and password is epson.