Before you start:
The default username and password for the Epson TM-M30 Bluetooth printer are the following:
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
You will need this information if you need to attempt convert the printer from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi.
Please follow the steps below for setting up a Wi-Fi connection for an Epson TM-m30 receipt printer:
*wi-fi version of the M30 is needed along with the wi-fi dongle
- Open the Epson TM Utility
- Tap Wi-Fi Setup Wizard
- In the Printer field at the top of the page, select TM-m30, tap Next
- When the printer was first connected to power, it should have already printed out a receipt showing the default IP address and the printer’s MAC address. If this receipt was NOT printed, then please select Not Printedand follow the steps listed on the Setup Wizard. Otherwise, tap Printed
- A ‘Temporary Profile Installation’ page will appear. Tap Next
- You are brought to a web browser and asked “This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” Select Allow
- You are be brought to the iPad settings app and asked to install a profile, tap Install. A Warning appears “The profile is not signed”. Tap Then tap Installon the pop-up. Tap Done.
- You are returned to the web browser. Under “Return to TM Utility” tap Back
- “Open in TM Utility?” Pop up appears, Tap You are returned to the TM Utility. Tap Next.
- The printer is now broadcasting a WiFi network called “EPSON_Printer”. Navigate to the iPad Settings > WiFi and connect to this wireless network. Return to the TM Utility. The TM Utility will detect the Revel network. Tap Next.
- Change security type from None to WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES). Tap Next.
- Tap Passphraseand enter your Revel network password. Tap Next.
- Tap the green button that says “Auto (DHCP)”
- Enter the desired IP address. EX: 192.168.22.205
- Enter the gateway: 192.168.22.1
- Tap Set to Printer
- Navigate to the iPad settings app and select WiFi. Reconnect to the Revel network
- Return to the TM Utility. Tap Next
- Select Test Print. If the printer is properly connected, a test sheet will print.
- Tap Finish. The printer is now configured.
- Create a profile for this printer in the management console (Only Revel Support Agents can do this). Use printer type “Epson” and enter the IP address assigned to the printer.
- If using this printer as a receipt printer, ensure it is assigned to a POS station on the management console in Establishment > Stations > Printing > Printer
Note: The printer configuration can be accessed by entering the printer’s IP address into a web browser. The username is epson and password is epson.
This configuration page is used to convert the printer from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi