Revel now supports the ability to configure multiple discounts against a single object, like an order or an item.
- Types of Stackable Discounts
- Stackable Discounts Settings
- Stackable Discounts on the POS
- Stackable Discounts on the CDS
- Stackable Discounts on Receipts
Types of Stackable Discounts
There are now three types of discounts configurations for stacking:
- Competitive Discounts: These are standard discounts. They compete with each other. You can apply one competitive discount to an object.
- Stackable Discounts: These are discounts that can be assessed against objects that already have discounts on them. They do not compete. Stackable discounts can be only be Flat discounts or Percent discounts. They cannot be reprice or alternate price discounts. They can use volume rules.
- Competitive Not Stacked: These discounts are the only discount on the object. They are the exception to the new stacking feature.
For each of the following types of competitive discounts, the stacking feature behaves as follows:
- Flat Discount: The stacked discount goes against the original item price. In other words, a $100.00 item with $50.00 off (competitive) and 10% off (stacked), shall cost $40.00.
- Percent Discount: The stacked discount goes against the original item price. In other words, a $100.00 item with 15% off (competitive) and 10% off (stacked), shall cost $75.00.
- Reprice/ Alternate Price: The stacked discount goes against the Reprice/ Alt Price amount. In other words, a $100.00 item repriced to $80.00 and 10% off (stacked), shall cost $72.00.
- Combo Discounts: The stacked discount only goes against the Combo reprice amount. It does not go against each item in the combo. This is the only exception to how stacking works against other discounts (assuming those discounts don't exclude stacking).
Stackable Discounts Settings
To enable Stackable Discounts:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab.
- Click Discounts from the left sidebar.
- Click the details icon for an existing discount (link to discount article)
- In the Discounts Details page, locate the Stacked Discount Type drop-down. From the drop-down menu, select Competitive, Competitive Not Stacked, or Stackable.
- Click Save when you're done:
Stackable Discounts on the POS
The following image displays stacked discounts as they appear on the Point of Sale:
Stackable Discounts on the CDS
The following image displays stacked discounts as they appear on the Customer Display Screen:
Stackable Discounts on Receipts
The following image displays stacked discounts as they appear on receipts: