Cashiers can now reconcile their tills associated with specific shift they work.
End of Shift Settings
To enable the End of Shift process:
- In the Management Console, navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selection and type Shift Management in the search bar.
- From the left sidebar, check Shift Management.
- On the right side, check the box for Manage Operations by Shift. This will expose another setting titled End of Shift Process. Check this setting as well.
- Next, select all End of Shift steps you'd like to include.
- Then, select all End of Shift Report preferences you'd like to include.
- Enabling Set Starting Amount to Previous Shift Total will override the set starting amount by remembering the closing amount of the previous shift and using this as the starting amount. This would make sense if you were not using the Forced Safe Drop option.
- When done, click Save:
End of Shift on the Point of Sale
You can now print out a Shift Summary Report when the last shift of the day is closed, which will summarize all activity from the beginning of the day. This feature will function on the POS as follows:
- When it is time for the cashier to close their shift, they will select the Tills option on the Main Menu:
- If the End of Shift Process is NOT enabled for the store:
- When Tills is selected, the Till Management-Checkout pop-up window will be displayed.
- The cashier will enter the amount in the till and tap DONE, which will optionally display the checkout summar, per Revel's current functionality.
- After tapping Submit, a confirmation message will appear indicating the shift is closed and the time/ date.
- The shift will be considered Closed and a new shift can be opened by selecting Tills from the pull-down menu.
- When Tills is tapped, the cashier will then select a desired till to reconcile.
- The cashier will tap the End Shift option on the overlay screen:
- The cashier will reconcile any payments, as needed:
- The cashier will make any adjustments, as needed. They will then have the option to print a summary of the EOS report on the Checkout Summary window. The cashier can finish the EOS process by tapping Submit: