Revel gives you the flexibility to set up a variety of pricing options for your items by using Price Tiers. If you're running a holiday promotion or creating seasonal discounts, Price Tiers are easy to set up so they work exactly how you want them to. You can even use Price Tiers to offer discount pricing to a certain groups of customers, like VIPs or your employees.
Creating Price Tiers
To create a Price Tier:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab. Then, click Price Tiers from the left.
- Here, click + Add Price Tier and enter a name. Then, click Save:
- Next, navigate back to the main Products page and locate an item that needs to be included in the price tier. Then, click the details icon:
- Here, scroll to the Price Tier section and click + Add a Price Tier. Make a selection from the Tier drop-down menu and then input the price you'd like associated to this tier. When you're done, click Save:
Adding Price Tiers to Discounts
After you've created the Price Tier, the next step is to attach it to a discount. To do this:
- Navigate to the Products tab and then click Discounts from the left.
- Here, click + Add Discount and enter a name. Use Standard as the function. From the Type drop-down, select Alt Price and then click Save:
- Once the discount is saved, click the pencil icon to access the discount details.
- Scroll to the Price Tier field and select the appropriate Price Tier from the drop-down:
- If needed, adjust any other details in this section and when you're done, remember to click Save to finalize your changes.
Note: Custom Price Tiers cannot currently be edited on Revel's import/export spreadsheet for products. If you need to adjust the Price Tier for products, each product should be updated individually from the Management Console using the steps above. For more info on using the import/export functionality, please see Product Import Export.