With Revel you can create discounts and link them to specific groups of customers. With Customer Group Discounts, the point of sale will automatically assign your discount or make the discount available to a customer anytime they are attached to an order.
- Creating the Customer Discount
- Linking the Customer Discount to a Customer Group
- Customer Discounts on the Point of Sale
Creating the Customer Discount
To create your customer discount:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Product tab and then click Discounts from the left.
- In the Discounts page, click + Add Discount.
- First, enter the discount name. Then, from the Function drop-down, choose Customer. For the Discount Type, enter the amount of the discount. Next, select if this is an Item or Order discount. Lastly, select any Qualifying Data.
- If you selected an Order discount, check Item level if you want the discount applied to each individual item, rather than the order as a whole. Check the Tax box if you want to tax the discount. If the discount is untaxed, leave the box unchecked:
- Once all your details have been entered, click Save.
Linking the Customer Discount to a Customer Group
After you create the customer discount, the next step is to link it to a customer group. To do this:
- Navigate to the CRM tab and click Customer Groups from the left.
- Click the details icon for the group you want to attach to the discount.
- In the details page, click the Discounts field and choose the correct customer discount.
- If you'd like the discount to apply automatically anytime a customer from the group is attached to an order on the POS, check the Auto Apply Discount box.
- Then, click Save:
Customer Discounts on the Point of Sale
After adding items to the order screen, attach a customer from the CRM group. Once the customer is attached to the order, the customer discount will automatically be applied.