- What is the app and what does it do?
- Which platforms does it run on?
- What are some of the core features of the app?
- How long does it take to complete my app?
- What is the development process for the app?
- What can I customize within the app?
- How long does it take for the app to go live?
- What should I have ready when I complete my information form?
- What if I don’t have some of the information to answer the questions on the form?
- What type of images are required to build the app?
- How do I get Apple Pay on my Custom Commerce App?
- Can the app save credit card information?
- Are product images available on the app?
- Does the app have a loyalty feature?
- Is it possible to make changes to the app's color scheme or images once it’s live?
- Can customers view their loyalty points in the app?
- Is customer profile information saved to my CRM?
- Can customers use gift cards at checkout?
- Can I view previous orders?
- How do I make changes to the products offered on my app?
- Where can I make changes to the "About" tab?
- Where are the settings for the app?
- If I discover a glitch in the app, who do I contact to have it resolved?
- Who do I contact if I have a question about development of my Custom Commerce App?
- What if I have a suggestion to help develop the app and make it easier to use?
- How often is the app build updated? Is it updated like the Point of Sale?
What is the app and what does it do?
The Custom Commerce App is a product developed by Revel Systems to provide a mobile online ordering solution. The app integrates your products and store locations, as well as loyalty and CRM, to provide a simple, on-the-go ordering experience for customers. There’s no need to worry over the app's maintenance. Revel services all apps to ensure functionality and development, allowing you to focus on operating your business.
Which platforms does it run on?
The Custom Commerce App is supported on both iOS and Android platforms.
What are some of the core features of the app?
The Custom Commerce App contains several functionalities you may already be familiar with from our POS, in addition to specific online ordering features. Provided is a list of some of these features:
- Revel Loyalty
- Revel Gift Card
- Customer profile creation
- Order History and reorder
- Store credit card information
- Configurable dining options
- Customizable menu
- Apple Pay
How long does it take to complete my app?
In total, app development takes 4-5 months to complete. It’s important to note that this does not account for the time it takes to submit all of the necessary information. For further information on development, please review the development process flow in the following question.
What is the development process for the app?
- Purchase the Custom Commerce App with assistance from a Revel Sales Executive
- Gather 16 required graphics (listed in the Custom Commerce App Image Submission Guide) and submit Custom Commerce App information form to Revel
- Revel reviews graphics and form before submitting to the engineering team
- App is built by the Revel Engineering team
- The app is tested and reviewed by the Revel Quality Assurance (QA) team
- App is provided to you and your team for external testing
- Review any app functionality questions or feedback
- Submit to the App Store for review
- App goes live and is available for your customers to download
What can I customize within the app?
The Custom Commerce App was designed to allow customization to suit your unique business brand. Prior to app development, you’re able to choose the primary color scheme and the logos that will appear throughout the app. In addition, several informational fields, such as address, description, and phone number allowing you to share your location and general information about the business.
How long does it take for the app to go live?
Once you’re satisfied with the app’s appearance and functionality, the app must be submitted to Apple and Google for a final review process. Their teams evaluate the app to ensure it meets their standards and requirements. This typically takes up to two weeks to complete. Apple and Google will inform the Revel team of the app’s acceptance and we will notify you that the app is available for download.
What should I have ready when I complete my information form?
Before filling out the Custom Commerce Information form, be sure to know some of the business’ basic information such as: best contact name and email for app development, store phone number, Apple ID email, Revel URL, and a list of establishments. If you’re unsure of any of this information please reach out to your sales representative for further information.
What if I don’t have some of the information to answer the questions on the form?
If you purchase the app before your new business is open, you may not have all of your business information. This might be questions like business phone number or sales rep name. It’s not a problem, please feel free to fill that field with “N/A” and we’ll know that information may not be ready. It’s important to know that you are still required to each field on the form, including information like app preview and description. Any incomplete fields will result in a delay in development.
What type of images are required to build the app?
There are a total of 16 images required to develop the app. They must be in PNG format and sized based on the specifications listed in the image submission guide. All of the sizes are necessary in order to accommodate the various sized smartphone screens being used today.
How do I get Apple Pay on my Custom Commerce App?
In order to utilize the Apple Pay feature in your White Label App, you’ll need to set up an account with Stripe. Visit stripe.com and set up your account. Once your account is established enter the live key information, provided to you by Stripe, on your Custom Commerce App information form.
Can the app save credit card information?
Yes. The Custom Commerce App can store secure, tokenized credit card information to a customer profile for future purchases. There are currently several payment gateways that offer this functionality including: USAePay, Mercury, Global Collect, Freedom Pay, and BrainTree.
Are product images available on the app?
Yes! Product images were included in our 2.34 release and are now available in the Custom Commerce App. These photos are pulled directly from the image associated with an item, which can be added and edited under Products Details on the management console - Adding Images to Products.
Does the app have a loyalty feature?
The Custom Commerce App is integrated with Revel’s loyalty platform. This feature in Revel’s platform allows for a seamless integration of rewards for customers, whether they are online or in store.
Is it possible to make changes to the app's color scheme or images once it’s live?
Yes. Edits can be made to the app, however this requires that new images or hexadecimal color code is provided to us. Once that information has been submitted, it can take 4-5 days to implement and update within the app.
Can customers view their loyalty points in the app?
Yes. Once customers have created a user account in the app they can add their loyalty card to their profile. This then allows them to view current point balances.
Is customer profile information saved to my CRM?
Yes. After a customer has created a profile and completed their first purchase, their information is stored in the CRM on the management console.
Can customers use gift cards at checkout?
Gift cards are an accepted form of payment within the Custom Commerce App. Currently, the app is only integrated with Revel gift cards.
Can I view previous orders?
Yes. By creating a unique profile within the app, customers are able to review their order history and can re-order those items directly from their history.
How do I make changes to the products offered on my app?
The items and products listed on your app are controlled by a custom menu. This feature allows you to choose which products can be sold on the app and makes it easy to remove products that you may no longer be selling. For more information on this feature, please visit our Custom Menu tutorial on Revel University.
Where can I make changes to the "About" tab?
There are several different pieces of business information that are displayed under the “About” tab on your app. This includes, business address, store hours, phone number, and a general summary of the business and its services. Changes to the business address, phone number, or business name can be edited under the Establishment tab on your management console (Establishment > establishment).
Store hours are also referred to as timetables in the system. If you’d like to make edits to this information, it can be completed through the Online Ordering Settings under the Settings tab on your management console.
Where are the settings for the app?
The primary settings that configure the app, can be found under the Settings tab on your management console and then select Online Ordering Settings.
If I discover a glitch in the app, who do I contact to have it resolved?
Should you experience any technical complications in the app, please reach out to our Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 744-1433 Ext 2). They will ensure you are routed through the proper channels and taken care of.
Who do I contact if I have a question about development of my Custom Commerce App?
Our dedicated Custom Commerce team is available to provide assistance with any questions you may have regarding the development of your application. They can be reached at email@example.com.
What if I have a suggestion to help develop the app and make it easier to use?
We’re happy to hear your feedback on how to better the app experience and make it easier to use. Should you have an idea on how to do this, please send that information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe how this new feature or functionality might work and our Support team will be able to provide that information to the Revel Product and engineering team for consideration.
How often is the app build updated? Is it updated like the Point of Sale?
Like our Point of Sale app, the Custom Commerce App is updated every 3-4 months with new features, improved functionality, and repairs. Details on updates to the system can be found on Revel's Support Help-Site. Once updates become available, they can be found and downloaded on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.