Revel supports a unique voucher payment type that can be configured with fixed payment values, as certain countries like Poland and Singapore offer predefined vouchers for lunches or malls.
- How to Manage Voucher Settings
- How to Redeem Vouchers on the Point of Sale
- Voucher Reporting on the Management Console
- Voucher Reporting on the Point of Sale
How to Manage Voucher Settings
To enable voucher settings:
- In the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Voucher in the search bar.
- From the left sidebar, check Vouchers so that all available voucher settings appear on the right:
- On the right side, you will see the following voucher settings:
- Enable Vouchers: Enables voucher payments on the Point of Sale. This is disabled by default.
- Voucher Payments Must Be First Payment: When enabled, in cases of multiple payments types, this setting requires that the voucher must be the first payment taken by the Point of Sale before others. This is enabled by default.
- Allow Voucher Refund for Closed Order: Allows a refund of monetary value for an item paid for by voucher. It MUST be either given in cash or store credit.
How to Redeem Vouchers on the Point of Sale
To redeem vouchers on the Point of Sale:
- Create an order like normal. When the customer is ready to checkout, tap the Pay button.
- In the Payment screen, you will see the Voucher button listed with the other payment methods. NOTE: If the Voucher Payments Must Be First Payment option is enabled, then this button will only be active if there are no other non-refundable payment on the order:
- Tapping the Voucher button will bring up a list of Named Vouchers. Selecting a named voucher will, in turn, bring a list of denominations:
- After the denomination is selected or entered, a screen will appear to input the voucher ID:
- If the voucher limits subsequent payments, those payment types will be greyed out after accepting the voucher, unless the voucher is refunded.
- On printed receipts, the voucher payment is labeled with the denomination of the voucher, followed by the voucher name and indicated as a Voucher:
Voucher Reporting on the Management Console
Sales Summary Report: Voucher payments will be listed under the Payments section:
Operations Report: Voucher payments will have their own line in the Payments section:
Payment Summary Report: Voucher Payments will have their own line:
On all three reports, the Vouchers line will be hyper-linked to a new Vouchers Details Report, which gives detailed views for each configured voucher type that was accepted as a payment. The report can be filtered by date and exported or printed:
Voucher Reporting on the Point of Sale
On the Point of Sale, voucher details can be selected to be included in the Employee Sales Summary Report print outs from two locations: from the Sales Summary option in the main Settings drop-down menu: