To assist in managing inventory by a variety of stock units, you can use Barcodes on Stock Units. Stock unit barcodes are optional, but they must be unique against all other barcodes, including product barcodes.
- Adding Barcodes to Stock Units
- Searching by Barcode Stock Units
- Using Stock Unit Barcodes on the POS
Adding Barcodes to Stock Units
To add barcodes to your stock units:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab.
- Then, click the Ingredients page from the left side menu.
- If you want to add a stock unit barcode to an existing ingredient, click the details icon. In the details page, scroll down to the Stock Unit section. Fill out the Barcode field for the stock unit. Then, click Save.
- If you want to add a new ingredient and stock unit barcode at the same time, from the main Ingredient page, click +Add Ingredient. Fill out the required ingredient information (link to ingredient article).
- Then, scroll down to the Stock Unit section. Fill out the Barcode field for the stock unit:
- When done, click Save.
Searching by Barcode Stock Units
Once you have barcodes entered for your stock units, you can locate products and ingredients by that barcode in the following areas:
- Inventory>Vendors (when attaching products or ingredients to a vendor)
- Inventory>Purchase Orders (when creating a purchase order and adding products or ingredients)
- Inventory>Reorders (when creating a reorder)
- Inventory>RMAs (when creating an RMA)
- Inventory>Transfers (when creating a transfer)
- Reports>Ingredient Inventory Log
- Reports>Ingredient Inventory Summary
Using Stock Unit Barcodes on the POS
Stock unit barcodes are useful on the Point of Sale as well. On the POS, you can:
- Scan a stock unit barcode to add the item to an order. It will add the appropriate quantity using the conversion factor(s) that were set up in the Management Console.
- Search by a stock unit barcode in Manage Item Mode (link to article).
- Identify products by the stock unit barcode in the Inventory Management page on the POS. The results will display the product using the scanned stock unit barcode.
- Scan the stock unit barcode in the Inventory App (link) when performing a Physical Inventory (link). Once you scan the barcode, it will add the appropriate quantity to the count.