If your Point of Sale connects to another WiFi network that is not your Revel network or it isn’t connected to your Revel network at all, your iPad will not able to communicate with other devices such as printers, card swipes, barcode scanners, or the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com).
- Verify your Revel Network Connection
- Connect to your Revel Network
- Set the Static IP Address
- Confirm Point of Sale Communicates with Management Console
Verify your Revel Network Connection
To verify your connection and resolve Revel network connection issues:
- First, go to Settings on the iPad. Then, tap WiFi. Make sure WiFi is toggled on:
- Next, look for your Revel network. Your Revel network will start with Rev followed by the name of your establishment.
- If your iPad is connected to any WiFi network not named Rev+establishment or RevX, tap the connected network, then tap Forget this Network.
- Repeat this step for all networks not beginning with Rev. This is an important step to take so your iPad will not bounce around to different networks throughout the day.
Connect to your Revel Network
If you still do not see your Revel network:
- Go to Settings on the iPad. Then, tap WiFi.
- Next, scroll down and tap Other:
- Enter the following:
- Name: Enter the business Revel network (if you are unsure of the network name, please contact Support).
- Security: Enter WPA2. When done, tap Other Network to go back to the previous screen.
- Password: Enter the password. Contact Support if you don't know the password.
Set the Static IP Address
Once the iPad connects successfully, you will need to verify or set the static IP address. To do this:
- In the iPad's WiFi Settings, tap your Revel network, then tap Static. Contact Support to get the data needed to enter in the static IP configuration screen.
Confirm Point of Sale Communicates with Management Console
After you fill in the static IP configuration data, the next step is to verify your point of sale station is able to communicate with your Management Console. To do this:
- Open the Safari app on your iPad. Try to pull up any website, like purple.com or weather.com.
- If the website appears, you are successfully connected to the network.
- Once you've verified you're connected to the network, open your Revel app, tap the Refresh button and then log in with your PIN.
- Now, test if the station is communicating with other devices on the network. For example, try to print a guest receipt or send an order to the kitchen.