After you have enabled the basic House Account functionality in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), you can use house accounts on the point of sale as a form of payment. As you know, house accounts allow customers to take now and pay later. In essence, a house account acts as a long term tab.
You can access house account details on the point of sale and make payments to current balances.
- Using House Accounts as Form of Payment
- Viewing House Account Details and Making Payments to House Accounts
Using House Accounts as Form of Payment
To use a house account as a form of payment on the point of sale:
- Start by creating a new order and adding the necessary items.
- For house accounts, you must always attach a customer to the order. Tap the Customers icon and then attach the correct customer to the order:
- Once you're ready to checkout, tap the Pay button.
- In the Checkout screen, tap Credit + and then select House Account:
- If the customer attached to the order doesn't have a house account already, you'll receive a prompt asking if you'd like to create one for them:
- Tap Create to continue and then enter a max limit for the customer.
- If the customer already has a house account, you will not see this prompt.
- Notice the order balance has changed to $0. This means the balance was successfully transferred to the customer's house account.
- Tap Done to close the order.
Viewing House Account Details and Making Payments to House Accounts
To look at a customer's house account details or make a payment against their balance:
- From the Dashboard, tap the Customer button:
- Tap the customer's name and then tap Outstanding Balance from the overlay window:
- Here, you'll see all unpaid transactions as well as a total balance. You can also adjust the customer's account limit by tapping the Adjust Limit button:
- Lastly, you can make a payment to the current balance. Partial payments or full payments are both accepted. Once you've completed the payment, tap Done to close the window.