A House Account is a line of credit that you can extend to your customers, where they can take now and pay later. In essence, a house account acts as a long term tab. But before you can use them, they must be enabled in the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com).
Enabling House Accounts
To enable house accounts:
- First, in the Management Console, navigate to the Settings tab.
- Then, click Clear Selections and type House Account in the search bar.
- Next, check the House Accounts box under the payment section in the left side of the screen. You'll see House Account settings appear on the right.
- The most important setting is House Account Enabled. This will turn on the basic house account functionality.
- Next, check Enable By Default if you want to automatically link a house account to every new customer added to your system.
- If you'd like, you can set a generic house account limit for every customer. Use the Default House Account Limit field to do this.
- Lastly, Email for Sending Statements allows you to enter your email information for sending house account bills.
- As always, click Save when you're done:
Customers and House Accounts
Revel's house account functionality gives you the ability to set specific house account details per customer. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to the CRM tab.
- Once you're in the main Customers page, click the details icon next to a specific customer:
- Scroll through the customer's information until you see the House Account section. Check the Enabled box to turn on the functionality for this customer.
- The Balance line displays the customer's current balance.
- Use the pencil icon to edit the current balance. The credit card icon is to record a house account payment. You will only use this is you're using a third party to process house account payments. Otherwise, you can process payments directly through the point of sale.
- Finally, you can set a Max Limit for this customer. This means if they reach this amount, they can not add anything else to their house account until they make a payment.
- Click Save when you're done:
House Account Bills
When you're ready to send personalized bills to your customers:
- In the Management Console, navigate to the Reports tab.
- Hover over Other Reports and select House Account Summary from the menu:
- Here, you'll see a list of all customers with current house account balances.
- You can see their Opening Balance, Charges, Payments, Adjustments, and Closing Balance:
- Use the pencil icon to adjust the balance.
- Use the credit card icon to record a payment made through a third party processor.
- Use the envelope icon to email a house account bill. The bill will be sent to the email address saved in the CRM. Click Send Statement to email the bill.