If you have a specific payment method that's not listed in Revel, you can create a Customizable Payment type to track reporting for different payment methods.
Configuring Customizable Payments
- Begin by navigating to the settings tab. In the search for setting field, enter and check the box for Customizable Payments Types.
- On the right,Click +Add a Payment Type. Next, enter the Payment Name, select the Type, enable Capture ID, enter ID Label and Change Label and verify it's activated. If enabled, Capture ID will activate a popup window that will ask you to input order numbers from a 3rd party vendor. Label ID is what the payment is named within reports where the payment name appears. We normally recommend to keep the label ID and change label the same as the payment name. Then, click Save:
- Next, navigate to Establishments > Stations > POS. Click the Order/ Payment options for the selected station.
- Under Payment options, drag and drop from the payment method from Available to the Displayed section. Then click Save.
Using Customizable Payments on the Point of Sale
Before testing Customizable Payments, be sure to log out and refresh the Point of Sale.
- Add an item to the order screen. Then tap Pay.
- Under the payment options, scroll to the left and select Custom.
- Select the desired customizable payment method. Then tap Ok. If this is a credit payment option, swipe your customer's credit card on your third party device. It is important to note: a customizable payment method is similar to credit plus. You will be responsible for collecting credit payments, as Revel does not process credit transactions processed by a customizable payment.
In the Sales Summary, Operations, and Payment Summary report, custom payment types are listed as a separate form of payment in each report. By expanding the custom payments tab, you will find the specific amounts for each detailed payment.