When using single use or multi-use coded coupons, enabling Discount Codes helps you easily configure different code types.
- Creating Discount Codes
- Using Discount Codes on the Point of Sale
- Using Discount Codes for Online Ordering
Creating Discount Codes
Under a specific discount, you can select whether you want to a discount code configured to be a single use or multi use discount.
- Begin by navigating to the discount page. Select the details icon of an existing discount. For more information on how to create discounts, click here.
- Check the box for Discount Code. On the bottom of the page, click the button for import/export.
- Next, download an empty template for the Discount Codes.
- On the Excel spreadsheet fill out column A, B, and C.
- Code: If you have a discount code from your coupon manufacturer, enter that information in this column. You can also choose to create your own discount code. This code must be at least two characters. You can use digits and/or letters in this column.
- Type: Notate whether this will be a single use or multi use coupon. If it is a single use coupon, fill in the number 1. For multi use coupons, enter the number 0.
- Used: Notate whether this coupon is Used or Not. For all new coupons, enter No.
Then click Save.
- Lastly, import the spreadsheet back into Revel.
Using Discount Codes on the Point of Sale
- On the Point of Sale, add an item to the order screen. Then tap the specific item and select Discount Item or Discount Order (the option that appears here will be dependent on how the discount was created in the Management Console [whether it was created for Item, Order, or All.]):
- Under the item discount, tap scan.
- Scan or manually enter your discount code.
- Lastly, you'll see the discount code automatically applied to the order screen.
Using Discount Codes for Online Ordering
Once your discount code(s) has been set up in the Management Console, they can be redeemed in an online order on the Payments screen in the Discount Code field: