The Epson TM-U220B (also known as Epson U220) is an impact-style printer that uses replaceable ink cartridges to print kitchen tickets. It is more suited for use in kitchens than thermal printers due to temperature considerations. This printer is not designed to print guest checks or POS receipts and should only be used for kitchen tickets.
You can set a variety of kitchen print settings in the Management Console by navigating to Settings > Kitchen View/Kitchen Print, including the ability to print modifiers and special requests in red.
Note that this printer can only print Arabic numerals (0-9) and Roman Characters (A-Z). Other languages and characters are not supported.
For common issues and resolutions related to this printer, see our troubleshooting article.
If your printer was purchased from Revel, it will arrive pre-configured and ready to be connected. To set up your Epson TM-U220B printer:
- Insert the paper in the printer.
- There are three ports on the back of your printer: an ethernet, RJ-11 (phone jack, this is not used) and power connection:
- Connect the included power supply to the circular power connection on the back of the printer.
- Connect a Cat5e or Cat6 ethernet cable to the ethernet port on the back of the printer. Connect the other end to a numbered port on your Revel router, or a network switch that is connected to the router.
- If your access points and internet network are already connected, access your Point of Sale and run a test transaction.
Changing the Ink Cartridge
The Epson U220 uses replaceable ink cartridges. When low on ink, a red line will print down the side on all tickets.
To change the cartridge:
- Gently lift the release lever on the top of the device, indicated by a triangle. This will open the top half of the printer housing:
- The lower half of the printer housing can now be opened, revealing the ink cartridge inside:
- Gently lift the ink cartridge to remove it:
- Insert a new ink cartridge. Ensure that the ribbon slides into the space between the metal cover and toothed paper cutter:
- Turn the plastic wheel on the cartridge to ensure it is tightened and aligned.
- Close the lower half of the printer cover, then the top half.