With Custom Menus, you can choose which products are available at different Point of Sale stations or time slots. Prior to creating a Custom Menu, please make sure your products and Price Tiers are configured.
Creating Custom Menus
To create a custom menu:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab, then select Custom Menus from the left.
- Here, click +Add Custom Menu and enter the menu’s name.
- For Application Type, you have multiple choices:
- Time Slot Only: Restricts the menu to a specific time of day.
- Manual: Allows you to choose your custom menu manually on the POS.
- Mode: Used for online ordering, bar stations, kiosks, or digital menu boards.
- POS Station: Sets the custom menu to a specific POS terminal.
Price Tiers, Time Slots, and Included Products
After you have created the base of the custom menu, the next step is to set up timeslots and choose the products. To do this:
- Click the details icon to begin customizing your new menu:
- Here, you can set the Price Tiers, effective dates and times of the menu. Once these times are set, the custom menu will only be active during the specified time ranges. Please Note: if you want to create a 24-hour time slot, you must enter 12:00 AM—11:59 PM for the menu to display correctly on the Point of Sale. If you enter another 24-hour time range (such as 5:00 AM—4:59 AM) the menu will not display correctly:
- You can also select the products to include in this custom menu. Select entire categories, subcategories, or individual products. Click Save to finalize the changes.
Managing Manual Custom Menus
Please note that Custom Menus only support adding a product from its Main product Category. We currently do not support adding products through the Additional Categories:
Furthermore, any Custom Menu's that have their Mode/Station set to "Manual" will be able to choose these Custom Menus on the assigned Point of Sale station. To do this:
1. Set the desired custom menu Mode/Station Type to Manual and add the station(s) that this custom menu will be available on:
2. On the Point of Sale, select Settings>Menu>Manual Menu:
3. Use the radio buttons to enable/disable the desired custom menu(s) that will be used on this station:
*Please note that only employees with the role permission "Custom Menu Management" enabled will be able to perform these actions.