To ensure system stability for you and your business, we roll out new software versions gradually over a period of 1-2 weeks. Your Management Console may not yet be updated with the new features in this article (how do I know what version I'm on?), but will be shortly if not.
With Custom Menus, you can choose which products are available at different Point of Sale stations or time slots. Prior to creating a Custom Menu, please make sure your products and Price Tiers are configured.
Creating Custom Menus
To create a custom menu:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab, then select Custom Menus from the left.
- Here, click +Add Custom Menu and enter the menu’s name.
- For Application Type, you have multiple choices:
- Time Slot Only: Restricts the menu to a specific time of day.
- Manual: Allows you to choose your custom menu manually on the POS.
- Mode: Used for online ordering, bar stations, kiosks, or digital menu boards.
- POS Station: Sets the custom menu to a specific POS terminal.
Price Tiers, Time Slots, and Included Products
After you have created the base of the custom menu, the next step is to set up timeslots and choose the products. To do this:
- Click the details icon to begin customizing your new menu:
- Here, you can set the Price Tiers, effective dates and times of the menu. Once these times are set, the custom menu will only be active during the specified time ranges.
- You can also select the products to include in this custom menu. Select entire categories, subcategories, or individual products. Click Save to finalize the changes.