Matrix Inventory allows you to add and manage product lists that consist of multiple similar items, like t-shirts, that are available in a variety of attributes, such as size or color. Each combination of attributes is a unique product with its own price or recipe, all available for sale on the iPad POS.
These instructions will show you how to create your Matrix Inventory from the Management Console. See our article Creating a Matrix Inventory with Your POS for instructions to create the inventory using your iPad POS.
NOTE: Matrix Inventory is disabled by default. Contact support to enable this feature.
Create via Management Console
When you use Matrix Inventory to create products, they are defined by attributes. For example, a t-shirt could be defined by size or color (medium, blue), a coffee beverage could be defined by size or process (venti, cappuccino). Each combination of attributes creates a unique product, and has its own price or recipe
There are two different ways to create a Matrix Inventory within the Management Console. You can use the + Add button from the Products home page, or use the Product Attributes link in the menu on the same page. Click the link below for the method you'd like to use. If you are looking to bulk import a Matrix Inventory, see our article Importing a Matrix Inventory.
Using + Add to Create a Matrix Product
This method is by far the easiest way to create a matrix product. Let's take a look at how easy it is!
- First, log into your Management Console (yourdomain.revelup.com).
- From the home page of the Management Console, click on the Products link in the menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click the + Add button in the upper left hand side of the product list, and select Product:
- You will be directed to the Product Details page. This is where you will create the parent product, and its attributes:
- Enter the product name (e.g. t-shirts, wings, beers, etc), price, category, and subcategory:
- There are other fields, like Barcode, SKU, and Unit of Measure. These are not required to create a product, but you can enter as much information as you'd like.
- If you have different names, prices, and other details for each product, you can enter them manually by typing in the details in the section on the line for each product:
- If all items will have the same details, you can use the Auto-Fill Options radio button and select by checking next to the details to fill in automatically from the information you entered in the Product Details page:
Your products will now show up in your product list; just locate the parent product you created and click the plus sign next to it!
Using the Product Attributes Link
The second way to create a Matrix Inventory is to use the Product Attributes section of your Management Console. This takes a few additional steps, but the process is similar to the one outlined above.
Create a Parent Product
First, you will need to create the Parent products for your Matrix Inventory.
- From the Products home page, select Product Attributes:
- Click Add Product Attribute Class to create a Parent product:
- Add as many product classes as you need for your matrix inventory:
- Once you’ve completed creating your Parent products, click the icon.
Creating a Product Attribute
Product attributes are descriptors for a product, like size or color. Each attribute contains values like small, medium, and large, or red, white, and blue.
- From the Product Attributes page, click the next to the product class you created:
- Click + Add Product Attribute and enter the attribute for your product:
- This will expand the section and you can create each specific attribute. Keep adding attributes until you’ve created all the different options for that product:
- When you have completed adding all the attributes to your parent products, click :