Revel's Management Console provides the ability to auto-generate SKUs or UPC-A barcodes for all products that are missing them. This is important if a client is planning on using the Product Template Sheet, as SKUs and barcodes are needed for the import to be successful.
NOTE: Auto-generating barcodes and SKUs is irreversible. Make sure you want to do this before proceeding.
To auto-generate barcodes or SKUs:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Products.
- Click Extras in the left side menu:
- Select the type of item you want to automatically assign a barcode or SKU to. You may select any combination of Products, Modifiers, and Ingredients:
- For each type of item, choose whether a barcode, SKU, or both should be auto-generated.
- Click Generate. Once completed, a confirmation page will appear of all the changes displays with the products, modifiers, or ingredients that were updated.