Resetting and configuring your Epson printer is an effective way to start from scratch and troubleshoot lingering printer issues. This article walks you through the steps of the process.
Resetting the Printer
- Turn the printer off.
- Use a paper clip or tip of a pen to press and hold the reset on the back of the printer:
- While holding the reset button, turn the printer on. Continue to hold the reset button.
- After 5 seconds, a warning will print out. Release the reset button.
- After about 5 more seconds, another sheet will print showing the factory reset IP address of the printer. Newer Epson models will default to a DHCP address.
Configuring the Printer
- On an iPad or computer connected to the Revel network, open Safari or a web browser.
- Enter the printer’s IP address and tap Go.
- The next page will direct you to enter the login credentials. Enter the following:
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
- In the Configuration menu, navigate to TCP/IP.
- Configure the following settings on TCP/IP settings page:
- Get IP Address: Manual
- Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA): Disable
- Set using PING: Disable
- IP address: desired IP of the printer (Revel's standard address range for printers is 192.168.22.205 - 192.168.22.219)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
- Socket Timeout Value: 300
- Tap Submit.
- Reset or power cycle the printer.
Legacy Epson Configuration
If your Epson printer gives a factory default address of 192.168.192.168, you will need to temporarily change your iPad IP address to communicate with the printer.
- On the iPad navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue i to the right of the connected network:
- Tap Manual to the right of Configure IP:
- Tap the IP address and change it to 192.168.192.100 (though any number in the range of 192.168.192.xxx should work):
- Tap Save in the top right corner.
- Your iPad is now configured to communicate with addresses in the 192.168.192.xxx range.
- Proceed to the configuring the printer section to complete printer configuration.