How to Reset:
- Turn the printer off
- Use a paper clip or tip of a pen to press and hold the reset on the back of the printer.
- While holding the reset button, turn the printer on. Continue to hold the reset button.
- After 5 seconds, a warning will print out. Release the reset button.
- After about 5 more seconds, another sheet will print showing the factory reset IP address of the printer. Newer epson models will default to a DHCP address.
Note: Older Epson printers will default to IP address 192.168.192.168, in this case, skip to section “Legacy Epson Configuration” for configuration instructions
How to Configure:
- On an iPad connected to the Revel network, open Safari
- Enter the printer’s IP address, tap Go
Note: you may also access the printer configuration from a computer that is connected to the Revel network or connected directly to the printer)
- The next page will direct you to enter the login credentials
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
- Navigate to TCP/IP in the Configuration menu
- Configure the following settings on this page:
- Get IP Address: Manual
- Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA): Disable
- Set using PING: Disable
- IP address: desired IP of the printer (Revel standard address range for printers is 192.168.22.205 - 192.168.22.219)
- subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
- Socket timeout value: 300
- Tap Submit
- Tap Reset, or power cycle the printer
Legacy Epson Configuration
- If your Epson printer gives a factory default address of 192.168.192.168, you will need to temporarily change your iPad IP address to communicate with the printer.
- On the iPad navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue i to the right of the connected network
- Tap Manual to the right of Configure IP
- Tap the IP address to change it to 192.168.192.100 (though any number in the range of 192.168.192.xxx should work)
- Tap Save in the top right corner
- Your iPad is now configured to communicate with addresses in the 192.168.192.xxx range.
- Proceed to section How to Configure to complete printer configuration
- Don't forget to set the IP address back, once configuration is complete!