The quick donation feature allows your customers to easily donate their change or preset dollar amounts to the order.
Settings > Advanced Settings > Quick Donation:
- Activate ‘Enable Quick Donation’
- Activate any or all of below options Change, Default Amount and Free Donation.
- Change the change option allows the user to create a donation that is the amount of change between the Total and the next highest dollar amount.
- Default Change Enter up to 3 comma separated numbers for default donation amounts.
- Free Donation Check this box to be able to manually input donation amounts.
- Install and launch POS
- Add some items to the order
- From Order screen, select ‘Donate’ button at the bottom of the order screen
- Select Donation Amount’ popup is appeared
- Select any button > Change/Dollar Amount/Other and click OK
- If ‘Change’ button selected, the donation item will be the amount of change between the Total and the next highest dollar amount added to the order. In this example, the total was $12.94 so the change donation was $0.06 to even it out to $13.00
- If any Dollar amount button selected, the donation item with that amount added to the order
- If ‘Other’ button selected, ‘Enter amount’ popup is appeared with the input window that allows the user input the amount of the donation:
- The donation can be added also via Product Menu → Donation category > Donation subcategory > Donation product. This is automatically created if you have Free Donation checked on.‘Enter Amount’ popup is appeared by selecting Donation product. Enter any amount and click OK > donation is added to the order.
- You can put several donations to the order if you wish.
- Please note, the donation that added to the order it is *untaxed* item. No any taxes shall apply to donation and it should be reflected in all reports on the backend → Tax, Sales Summary, Order History, etc.