Revel recommends that POS iPads are used only for Revel application. This is because running more applications will slow down responsiveness of the device and sometimes cause crashing of the application if iPad gets low on RAM.
Guided Access limits your device to only the Revel POS application.
Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access to set up Guided Access.
From there the client can:
- Turn Guided Access on or off
- Set a passcode that controls the use of Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session (Revel recommends passcode: 1234)
- Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session
Start a Guided Access session
- Open the Revel app
- Triple-click the Home button
- Adjust settings for the session, then click Start
End a Guided Access session
- Triple-click the Home button.
- Enter the Guided Access passcode