Revel recommends that point-of-sale iPads are used only for the Revel application (this is because running more applications will slow down responsiveness of the device and sometimes cause crashing of the application if iPad gets low on RAM).
Guided Access limits device access to the Revel POS application. While Guided Access in enabled, the home button & power buttons will be disabled, preventing the user from leaving the Revel app.
Guided Access Setup
Before you start, be sure to disable Auto-Lock on your iPad. After that:
- Open the Settings app, switch to General, then tap Accessibility:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the right-side pane and tap Guided Access:
- Switch Guided Access on, then tap Passcode Settings:
- Tap Set Guided Access Password:
- Enter a passcode that a manager/store owner can use to disable Guided Access mode if necessary. Do not share this passcode with anyone you do not want leaving the Revel app.
- Launch the Revel POS app on your iPad
- Triple-click the iPad's home button, then tap Start, to launch Guided Access mode:
Disabling Guided Access
To end a Guided Access session, triple-click the home button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End: