Tips are an important part of any business. In Revel, you can add tips in two ways.
Adding Tips Through the Payments Screen
It is possible to either enter a tip before closing out an order or by reopening a closed order. Once the order is open, follow these steps:
- Tap Pay
- Tap the Tip Amount (Note: If the order is not closed yet, it is required to take payment first before being able to add tip amount.)
- Enter the tip and confirm. Tap Done.
Through the Batch Screen
Use the batch screen to enter all tip amounts at the end of the day.
- On the dashboard, tap Payments Waiting to Batch.
- Once you locate the order that needs to be adjusted, enter the tip amount for each order in the Tip field. Then tap Capture. You can also fill in the tip fields for all orders and tap Capture All in the top right corner to capture all payments at once.(Please note that once a payment is captured, it cannot be altered).
- The system will prompt for a confirmation of the capture.
If the iPads are in a syncing environment (such as a table service environment) only one batch process is necessary, which occurs on the main station. If the iPad stations are not in sync with each other, a batch process will need to be done on each iPad.
Please Note: If an employee cannot see their personal tip processing on the Point of Sale, it's because there are certain POS Role Permissions turned on for that role.
To fix this, go to the Management Console>Employees>Permissions>POS Role Permissions. Locate the employee's role in the table and uncheck Owner Access and Batch Process then click Save. Make sure to refresh the POS stations.