These steps explain how to add credit card tips to an order. There are two different ways to do this:
Through the Payment Screen
Through the Batch Process Screen
It is possible to either enter a tip before closing out an order or by reopening a closed order. Once the order is open, follow these steps:
- Tap "Pay"
- Tap the "tip amount" (Note: If the order is not closed yet, it is required to take payment first before being able to add tip amount.)
- Enter the tip and confirm.
- Tap Done.
Batch Process Screen
Through the Batch Process screen, it is possible to adjust all the tips at once and capture.
- On the iPad POS Platform tap on "Settings"
- Tap on "Manager"
- Tap on "Batch Process"
- Enter the tip amount in the tip field for an order, then tap the blue "Capture" button to the right.
- The other option is filling in all the tip fields for orders, then pressing "Capture" at the top righthand side of the screen. The system will prompt for a confirmation of the capture.
If the iPads are in a syncing environment (such as a table service environment) only one batch process is necessary, which occurs on the main station. If the iPad stations are not in sync with each other, a batch process will need to be done on each iPad.