To Check for Syncing Issues on the POS
- Logout of the iPad POS application by clicking the name at the top right-hand corner of the screen:
- This will return you to the login screen. Double-tap the Revel Systems logo:
- The POS Information will appear, showing Version, Establishment ID, Station name, Device ID, and your URL:
- At the bottom of the box, tap the Diagnostics button.
- This will open the Diagnostic Tool where you can check for sync issues.
The Diagnostic Tool allows you to diagnose connection problems for devices connected to your network. Let's take a look at the different parts of this tool:
At the top of the screen, there are a series of buttons that will show you the current network status of your devices and stations.
- Devices: Here you can see all devices connected and their connection status:
- Device Name: This column lists the name of each device that is connected to the network.
- IP Address: The IP Address of the device.
- Connected: The connection status for the device to the network.
- Avg. (Average) Ping Time: This is the amount of time that it takes the device to ping the network.
- Latency Information: Indicates any kind of delay that happens in communication over the network. Network connections in which small delays occur are called low-latency networks whereas network connections which suffers from long delays are called high-latency networks.
- Internet Status: At the bottom of the screen, you'll see the internet status for your devices and any warnings (ex. printers offline). You will also see the network name (SSID), and IP Address of the network you're on.
- POS Stations: This will show all POS Stations connected and their connection status:
- Connections: In this tab, you can see your Router, DNS, and Internet connection:
- Ping All Hosts: A host (also known as network host) is a computer or other device that is connected to a computer network. With this tool, you can ping your network host to check for latency:
- Packet Test: A packet is the unit of data that is routed between an origin and a destination on the Internet network. This tab will test all packets moving across your network:
- Support: If you run all the diagnostic tools and still having issues, tap the Support button to open a ticket with Revel Support:
Note: Before opening a ticket, try force-closing the POS app and restarting the iPad. Learn how in our article How To Force Quit the iPad POS Revel App