You can use recipes and ingredients to monitor your inventory down to the ingredient level. For example, if you sell pizzas, you can create ingredients to track different pizza toppings . When the product is sold, this will automatically deducted ingredients from your inventory.
Note: If the product has Track In Inventory turned off, the ingredients attached to the product will be subtracted from ingredient inventory, but the product itself will not be tracked. This setting can be found under the basic product details of an item.
Before creating a recipe, you will first need to create the ingredients you plan to track. For example, if for Pizza toppings, you would want to add each ingredient such as the mushrooms, meat, cheese, etc:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab and then click Ingredients from the left sidebar.
- To create a custom unit type, click the scale icon in the top right of the Ingredients page:
- To add an ingredient, click Add Ingredient. Fill out the required fields:
- Unit of Measurement:
- Low Stock Threshold
- Primary Vendor
- Default Reorder Quantity
- Default Reorder Price
Attaching Ingredients to Products through Recipes
Once you have all your ingredients created, you can attach the ingredients to the products by creating Recipes:
- Start by navigating to the Products tab.
- Locate the product you want to create a recipe for.
- Click the R icon to the far right of the product name:
- Click Add New Ingredient. Then, start typing the ingredient name in the search box and select the correct ingredient or product.
- Enter the quantity of the ingredient in one serving of the product. For instance, if a cheeseburger contains 7 oz. ground beef per order, enter 7 oz. in the QTY field.
- Repeat steps 4-5 to add the remainder of your ingredients.
- Then, click Save:
Primary Stock Units
Primary Stock Units allow you to track your inventory in larger quantities or smaller quantities. For example, you may sell ground beef by the ounce, but purchase and receive it by the pound:
- Navigate to the Products tab and then click Ingredients from the left side.
- Click the Pencil icon next to the ingredient.
- Scroll down to the Stock Units section on the bottom of the page.
- Click +Add a Stock Unit. Then enter the unit name (eg. Pound).
- In the Conversion field, enter how many individual units of this item go into the stock unit. For example, 1 bottle of wine equals 25 ounces.
- Lastly, check the Primary box next to a stock unit. This will give you the ability to switch between the unit of measurement and primary stock unit when working in the Inventory tab: