Voiding an Item/ Order
If you'd like to remove an item from an unpaid order, but the item has already been saved to the order (by holding the order), you will need to process a void. To do so:
- Open the order.
- From the left side, double tap the name of the item. Then, tap Remove Item from the overlay window:
- In the Void Item(s) window, enter the reason for the void and then tap OK:
- Choose whether or not to return the item to inventory. If the item can be resold, it is usually returned to inventory:
- To close out the order, tap Pay, then Done.
Refunding an Item
Refunding an item will allow you to return the item to inventory as well as issue a refund of payment to your customer. To process a refund:
- From the Dashboard, tap Orders:
- Search by Order ID, Customer, or manually look for the order under the Today or All tabs:
- When you've located the order, tap it to reopen.
- In the order, tap the ... icon. From the overlay window tap Return Item(s):
- Next, tap the item or items to be returned. If necessary, adjust the return quantity. If the item needs to be returned to inventory, leave to oval blue. If it cannot be returned to inventory, tap the oval. Then, tap Next:
- In the Return Item(s) window, enter the reason for the return and tap OK:
- Tap Refund to confirm. If the customer is not getting refunded, tap No Thanks: