Voiding an item
If an item has not been paid for yet, you can remove this item by using the Void functionality. In order to remove a void item, please make sure you have an order placed on a hold.
- On the point of sale, find your held item by navigating to Orders > Held Orders.
- Select the held order that you want to void.
- On the left side, double tap on the name of the item. Then tap Void Items.
- If you are voiding just one item, tap on Void Selected Item. If you are voiding several items, tap Void Several Items
- Enter a reason for voiding this item.Then click okay.
- On the next screen, you will see a prompt that ask If you would like to return the items to the inventory. Tap the selection of your choice.
- To close out the order, tap Pay, then Done.
Refunding an Item
Refunding an item will allow you to return the item to inventory as well as issue a refund of payment to your customer. Before you can process a refund, you first have to make a transaction.
If you have already made a test transaction, you can find the order by tapping on the Orders Tab.
- Start by finding order you want to return. To find a past order, you can go to Orders > Today’s Orders, Find the Order by ID, or Find the Order by Credit Card Number.
- Select the held order that you want to return.
- On the left side, double tap on the name of the item. Then tap Void/Return Items.
- If you are returning one item, tap on Return Selected Item. If you are voiding several items, tap Void/ReturnSeveral Items.
- Enter a reason for return. Then click okay. You will now receive a prompt that ask you to refund the payment. To issue the return of payment, tap Refund.