This reports displays each employee, and then compares the employee’s wage and sales made to calculate a profit percentage. This can be incredibly useful in a retail setting but can be equally useful for all other kinds of establishment, whether you’re a restaurant or quick service.
If the row is “white” color, it means there’s a positive value for profit.
If the row is “red” color, it means there’s a negative value for profit.
- Labor: The total wage for the employee based on their hours work and hourly rate.
- Hours: Total hours employee worked.
- Sales: Total sales rung up by the employee (does not include discounts).
- % Sales: Sales divided by Labor. The higher the percent, the more the employee sells per dollar paid to him/her. If under 100%, the employee’s labor cost is higher than sales brought in.
- Cost: The total cost of the products sold from employee. Cost is the cost
- Profit: This is a numerical value of profit the employee brought in after calculating Sales – Cost – Labor.
- % Profit: (Sales – Cost) / Labor. The percentage of Sales divided by Labor to calculate profit amount. If under 100%, it means profits are below sales.
- Sales/h: The employee’s average sales per hour worked.
- Profit/h: The employee’s average profits per hour worked.
Filters & Options
- Discounts: Includes all discounts into the sales column.
- Open: Includes “open” orders into the sales column. An open order defines as an order that has not been closed on the POS station.
- Unpaid: Includes “unpaid” orders into the sales column. An unpaid order defines as an order that has not taken complete form of payment.
- Irregular: Includes “irregular” orders into the sales column. An irregular order defines as an order in the reporting period may be duplicated in other reporting periods. A common cause of this is when an order open one day and closes another day thus causing data to be split amongst two days.
- Web Orders Only: Displays the sale columns with only sales made via web orders.
- Role: Filter the employees shown by their role or service department. A service department is essentially a group or category assigned to multiple employees.
- Date Range: Choose a date or date range you want the data from.