Reservations are currently modeled after salons and similar locations whose offerings revolve around providing services. Reservations through Revel are used to create services, associate employees (aka Service Providers in Reservations) with the particular services, assign commissions to employees and their services, and schedule appointments with customers for particular services. Table Service-based Reservations will be available in future Revel builds.
Management Console Setup
Please contact your Sales rep in purchasing this feature. Once enabled, follow the steps below.
In order to see any products for services in the Reservations tab, the products need to be marked as a service. To do this log into the Management Console.
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Products tab.
- Find the product you want to edit and click the icon in line with it:
- On the Product Details page, click Clear Selections and type Service in the search box.
- Check the boxes next to Is Service and Service Duration so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Double-click the Is Service setting box so a blue check mark appears.
- Fill out the Service Duration field with the time (in minutes) of this service. This will block that length of time on your reservations calendar anytime this service is booked.
- Click Save:
- Next, go to Appointments tab in the Management Console. Please Note: If you do not see the Appointments tab, please contact your Revel Sales rep to purchase this feature.
- On this page, you will see all products marked as services per the steps outlined above.
- Click + Add Service Providers to attach specific employees to the services. This will allow you to select the service provider on the Point of Sale whenever a service is booked.
- You can also create new service categories and products directly on this page instead of creating them on the Products tab and adjusting the product details. Click + Add Category or + Add Service and fill out the details. Then click the icon:
iPad POS Platform
After your service products have been set up on the Management Console, you can book them directly on the Point of Sale.
- On the dashboard, tap the Appointments button:
- Tap New Appt.:
- Select the service and tap OK:
- Tap any available time block on the calendar. It's more efficient to tap the preferred booking time, but if you tap the wrong time, you can adjust it in the next window.
- In the New Appointment window, verify customer details and confirm the appointment Start Time. Then, tap Create:
- The scheduled appointment will appear on the calendar with the customer's name and the service: