Note: Inventory costs will push (create journal entries) from Revel to QBO in initial sync so please disable this if it it not wanted in QBO. This could cause an inflated General Ledger.
If all products are in both Revel and QuickBooks (QBO), product mapping is not needed with Summary integration.
- If clients do not have any items in QBO, product mapping is not needed when integrating using Summary integration.
- Summary Integration will not pass any Products from Revel to QBO.
Inventory and Vendors:
If Inventory is set up in Revel and not in QBO, keep inventory as it is. Revel highly recommends to track inventory through Revel.
- If a client would like to use inventory in QBO, the Revel POS will only send the
- sales information, COGS (Cost of Goods) and Inventory Asset information to QBO (since products sales are through Revel). All Inventory in QBO will have to be manually updated. The quantity on hand will only be updated with the data from the initial sync of the two systems. The quantity on hand in QBO will not be affected by sales after the sync.
- It is advised to use the Revel Inventory on the Revel Management Console to manage the quantities on hand. It is important to note that QBO will report changes to inventory through a Bill. This will update COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) and Inventory Asset account. Keep in mind the quantities on hand will not be updated.
- If vendors are created in QBO and Revel, do not import the vendors during the initial integration. Vendors will be mapped between QBO and Revel by their name. There may appear to be duplicate Vendors in QBO due to unusual name mismatch. For example a mismatch name will look like "VendorName_###." If this happens, merge the duplicate vendors in QBO. To merge of duplicate vendors, please make sure to merge the existing vendor with the newly created duplicate vendor.
Employees and Payroll:
If employees are already set up in Revel and the client wants to use the Payroll functionality in QBO;
Deactivate the Employees in Revel before starting the integration setup.
Before integrating, enter employees into QBO.
After the sync occurs, add roles and wages to the newly added employees in the Revel Management Console.
If the client does not want use QBO Payroll, then keep Employees as they are.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM):
If CRM has not yet been created in Revel, please create customers in Revel as they will not import from QBO. These can be imported and exported via excel spreadsheet.
CRM will then need to be managed from Revel and information and changes will not be updated in QBO automatically.
Here are links to overviews in every aspect of setting up the integration:
Employees and Payroll:
Intuit and Revel Integration Set Up
All Intuit customers must have completely purchased both QuickBooks and Revel Systems to integrate. Quickbooks must be turned on in the Revel Management Console. If the following image appears when going into the Revel Management Console to Settings > QuickBooks, QuickBooks is not enabled. If this occurs, please contact Revel Support for assistance in activating the feature.
To integrate with Quickbooks Accounts click on Settings > QuickBooks > check “I want to integrate with Quickbooks Accounts QuickBooks Online." Please make sure to uncheck “I want to integrate with QuickBooks Payments” then click on Connect to Quickbooks.
In the Revel Management Console select Settings > QuickBooks > Setup QuickBooks Online Integration.
Clients should make sure that Location Tracking is enabled in QuickBooks. To enable this, please see Location Tracking:
Clients should also make sure that taxes are set up in QuickBooks. To enable this, please see Creating Tax:
Once Location Tracking and Tax have been set up, please return to Revel Management Console and go to Settings>Quickbooks Settings>Online Integration, and set up the Sales Summary Integration.
Check Sales, select Summary (in the drop down menu). Select Basic and then select Activate.
By clicking Advanced, the completed mapping of the integration should appear as shown below integrating the Revel and QuickBooks accounts. No sections should say To be completed in QBO.
QuickBooks is now set up. Data will be sent daily from Revel to QuickBooks which can be seen the following day.
**Please note that all data generated on the days previously before setting up will not be sent over to QuickBooks.